LUD change in approved 140 (no 485 update)

Mendota

Registered Users (C)
I-140 EB-3 approved in Jan, 2005, I-485 has been pending for two-years. PD not yet current.

I just changed my job three months ago. I saw LUD change on my approved I-140 last week. But no update on I-485.

Does it means the former employer revoke my I-140?

I am preparing to file AC-21 shortly. Is it still OK with my I-485?

Mendota said:
I-140 EB-3 approved in Jan, 2005, I-485 has been pending for two-years. PD not yet current.

I just changed my job three months ago. I saw LUD change on my approved I-140 last week. But no update on I-485.

Does it means the former employer revoke my I-140?

==> That might be a possibility if your ex-employer has a policy of withdrawing approved I-140 petition upon employee leaving.

I am preparing to file AC-21 shortly. Is it still OK with my I-485?

==> If your I-140 is revoked then you may recieve NOID or denial on your
I-485. And it is very important to respond to USCIS to the denial notice with in 30 days, So make sure your attorney will inform you in time if he recieves any notice on your case.

In my case USCIS sent me the NOID 5 months after I-140 is revoked, so I am not sure when USCIS would send the notice. May be for your next FP notice or next EAD/AP renual, officer may look at your file and may issue NOID.

As a precautionary measure go ahead and send the AC21 papers with a return reciept.

Good luck.

Mendota
Also you can check with your earlier employer if he has done soemthing with your 140 application. sometimes they ar eopen to tell you that "Yes" we revoked it.
Atleast that will clear the picture for you.

Another way, one of friend found out was he called customer service (USCIS) and followed istructions as posted in this forum, luckily he got Immigration officer, who could tell him if he still had is priority date intact on his 485 or not.

Let us know what happens.

When you got the NOID? Did you get the email notification first? Did the online LUD change on your case?

A lot of Guys approved I-140 changed (for some in June 06 & July 06) but no changes I-485. Let us see there might be good news too soon.

No Emails for NOID. Did you notice any changes on I-485? If not then need not worry.

Please NO NOT IGNORE this.

However, you can not do anything untill you get some notice in the mail. Once you get it, you will have the idea how to handle it.

You are safe with AC21 ... whatever type of letter you get, respond to it with effective contents. Yes, it makes you upset in the begining but usually after your response USCIS will put your case back on right path.

Hopefully its merely a transition. You are safe ... Good Luck

Thank you all for the information. Good luck to everyone.

Since I currently live in a temporary apartment and going to move in next couple of months, is it OK I use my friend address in another state for my pending I-485?

I am afraid it is not good the change address frequently during the pending stage.

With the same idea when I approached my lawyer, since I am working in one state and my friend's address is in different state, he adviced me not to use my friend's address. So far I have changed the address 3 times and going to change again in next year.

But one of my friend gave his friend's address and he is fine so far.

I guess it depends on your lawyer and you.

Mendota said:

Since I currently live in a temporary apartment and going to move in next couple of months, is it OK I use my friend address in another state for my pending I-485?

I am afraid it is not good the change address frequently during the pending stage.
Its TOTALLY okay to change address with USCIS. I changed it every year. This is only required for correspondence ... does not effect your GC.

Dont worry .... be happy

Mendota said:

When I changed address on 485 last time, they asked me if I have a mailing address, so I provided a PO address. I get my mail to PO Box these days.