LUD change .....but what for ?????

gc0902

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks,
I & my wife did our PP stamping on 28 Sep. Now my wife's LUD changed on 10/1 but no change in message. Don't know what this LUD change is for ?

My LUD and message is still the same that "this case is approved ...."

Any thoughts on what this could be ?

thanks and good luck to all
-gc0902

I assume that you are first time immigrationportal user. It is very common. :) ok. I can tell you what it means, but let me congratulate you first on your approval and your stamping. ok. When your LUD changes and no messages were shown, it means that they are checking your cases (I-89 form that your officer took your index finger for green card and filled out the form) for producing your plastic cards.

They won't update message until they produce your plastic cards and mail them to you. You will get two messages:
1) something like "producing currently" and
2) "it has been mailed to you. If you don't recieve them for 14 days, please call Customer Service."

Hope this helps.

USGC485 :)

What does that LUD changes mean for the unapproved cases ?

Mine LUD updated (both I140/485) Sep 27, Sep 28 without any status chages.

LC2003 ....give me a bit more details

tell if you did FP recently or applied for EAD/AP recently. If yes, this has likely triggered officer to look at your 485 and approval may be possible very soon.

good luck
-gc0902

lc2003,

Yes, gc0902 is correct, but ic2003, can you be more specific about your details of your case like filing date, FP date, EAD date, AP date, etc? We can't tell if you don't tell us your details.

From my opinion, it looks like officers are checking your case. If you are done all FPs or you are done applying for renewal EAD or applying for AP, LUD will update each when they check your 485 case. if your RD/ND date is on the list of processing times, it is possible that they are adjucating your case. (approval may be possible very soon :) )

Three theories about LUD changes are:

1) When officer receives your EAD application or your renewal application or AP application, they wants to know if you are still in 485 process so they have to find your 485 case on their computer system. When they found your case number on the system, it automatically trigger updating LUD and they proceed to approve your EAD or AP.

2) if you already submitted EAD or AP and you got EAD and AP but your 485 is still pending, it means they are opening your case and reviewing your case. It trigger updating LUD. It means it is up to officers to make decisions to approve your case or need more information from you as a RFE or to deny your case.

3) Randomly, officers open your case and check RD/ND date. If RD/ND is not on the list of current processing times, they put them back. It triggers updating LUD.

That's what I think. I am neither a lawyer or an officer.

Good luck.

USGC485

Adding to above:

4) Address change or any information request by calling 800 number also sometimes trigger LUD change.

But I would suggest not to worry about these LUD changes at all. Based on my observation, I can tell that there are many more permutations and combinations that could change the LUD. Best thing is to stop tracking LUD and just check the messages.

Thank you all.

Here is my info: (NSC)

EB2 RD Sep 30,2003 I140/I485
EAD/AP - approved Nov 2003
2nd EAD/AP - send August 2004

LUD updated only on I140/485 - Sep 27, and Sep 28.

lc2003,

Ah, I see that you send an application for 2nd EAD/AP. If you haven't received your 2nd ead/AP yet, it means they are checking if you are in still of 485 process for approving your EAD/AP. That's how the LUD changes. That's one of my theory.

Good luck! :)

USGC485