LUD after submitting RFE

jonelee

Registered Users (C)
As a primary applicant, I was requested to submit all status history since the day I arrived in this country about 14-year ago. After I submitted the RFE, the next day the LUD changed as following:
"On April 21, 2005, we received your response to our request for
evidence or information. It is taking between 850 and 900 days for us to
process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was
complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated
in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case."

Is this a standard response? or something special? Does anybody know how long it really takes for this kind of case. Thank you in advance for any input.

----------
I-485 ND 11/6/02
FP 3/1/05
RFE 4/2/05
AD ??

jonelee, my online status has the same message, so I guess this is the standard one. I have seen people in this forum getting approved within a day or two, and some waiting for months after RFE was received by TSC. I vaguely remember somebody mentioning the statndard response time to be 30-60 days, but I'm not sure on that. I guess we have to keep our fingers crossed.

ForeEver485.

Correct. Same is my Status as it shows on Internet. My LUD Changed 2 times since USICS received reply to my RFE (For EVL - 3/10, 3/11) and no action since then. When I called the NationalServiceCenter 2 times, I got 2 replies a) It takes 30 - 60 days to get these kind of cases processed b) They are processing 485 with RD 3/17/03 and mine is 07/14/04, so need to wait.

A friend of mine of filed 140/485 from TSC on Aug 03, Got approved 2 weeks back, but his labor was filled in Aug '01 where as mine was in Jan 02. So, it seems they are procesing based on the Priority Date. But, again, the question is, will all 485 cases get the same priority since they are being processed which caused thie RFE's ?....God Knows!

485 RD 07/14/03.
2nd FP - 1/29/05
RFE RD - 3/9/05.
LUD - 3/10. 3/11.

LUD changes twice

I found that every time INS receive the RFE, the LUD changes twice. Is this true?
I called INS and changed the address , the LUD also changed twice... :confused:

tscwait485, my LUD also changed twice after RFE was sent. And I've noticed the same for another forum member. In that case, 485 was approved within 8-9 days of RFE receipt by USCIS.

485 Rfe !

It seems, TSC is sitting tight on 485 RFE cases as I didn't hear recently from anyone who got 485 approval, upon receipt of RFE REply.

BanglaBabu, another member by the name Jay_Kishore recently got approval after RFE. His RFE was received by TSC on 04/11, and case got approved on 04/19 (if my memory serves me correctly, but the interval is correct).

Two LUD changes .. but no progress

Guys,

The RFE response for my wifes 485 was received by TSC on the 4th of April and there was a change in LUD on the 4th and the 5th. There has been no progress since then. It will soon be a month since they received the RFE. God knows when they will get around to approving the case.

regards,

saras

Soon going to be 60days..

Soon its going to be 60 says since, USCIS received reply to RFE. It will the USICS Serivce Center and will upadate you all.

Last edited by a moderator: