LUD after FP?

eb1_nsc

Registered Users (C)
Anyone who recently had FP got a LUD? If so how long after FP?
We had our FP today but no LUD so far, just wondering whether and when to expect one.

Thanks

Thanks GreenCard2010. I wonder if anyone received any LUD at all recently in the new system.

Don't worry about no LUDs

My wife and my fingerprinting was done on Nov 17th, but there has been no LUD change since. I called up the FBI office yesterday and found out that our fingerprinting was cleared on the same day. Wonder what next?

that's the number I have: 304.625.5590. The times I called was after hours and the voice system said that they wouldn't answer questions about FP directly to the person; answer to that would have to come from USCIS. But people here keep saying they got an answer so maybe it doesn't hurt to call and ask...

GreenCard2010 said:
can you please post the FBI office contact information?

If you call during office hours and request, they will surely oblige. Finger printing status information is given to the applicant if he/she has the "A" number ready.

It is only the name check that is completely out of bounds...no way to check status yourself. You need the help of higher ups - senator, congressman, etc.

Cool. Thanks for the info!

harapattalapata said:
If you call during office hours and request, they will surely oblige. Finger printing status information is given to the applicant if he/she has the "A" number ready.

It is only the name check that is completely out of bounds...no way to check status yourself. You need the help of higher ups - senator, congressman, etc.

gurus and guys,

No LUDs even after 15 days of finger printing, there has been not a single LUD after the checks have been cleared it is like one and half months after the checks have been cleared.... Gussing what might be happenening with our files.....

no LUD for me either

feeling lucky -

no LUD or message change for me either since FP on 11/21
if USCIS initiates name check after 485 receipt or after FP, I was expecting a message change indicating security check in progress/pending. Since there is no message change i am not sure if name check has been initated yet.

BTW did you call FBI at 304.625.5590 for FP confirmation, what information should you have ready when you call?

I called them yesterday since i got my FP done on Friday, Nov 24 in Manhattan.
They were really very nice but be ready to give your A# or alien number. it should be displayed on the FP notice or 485 recei[t notice.

Good luck.

PS: No LUD after i got my FP. People on other boards and this board have had no LUD but got their GCs..so not sure what that right process is.

eb1_nsc said:
feeling lucky -

no LUD or message change for me either since FP on 11/21
if USCIS initiates name check after 485 receipt or after FP, I was expecting a message change indicating security check in progress/pending. Since there is no message change i am not sure if name check has been initated yet.

BTW did you call FBI at 304.625.5590 for FP confirmation, what information should you have ready when you call?

Thanks athayyar. I called FBI today and the service rep was very courteous, and confirmed FP results were sent back the same day to USCIS.

Just called. Nice lady on the phone confirmed it was processed and sent back the same day I got LUD change.

eb1_nsc said:
Thanks athayyar. I called FBI today and the service rep was very courteous, and confirmed FP results were sent back the same day to USCIS.

Was your a paper-based or electronic 485 application?

My initial thoughts were that electronic apps gets updated more often since it being hit by some backend process (as opposed to a paper app that need Immg Off intervention). Most likely i am talking out of my a$$ :). But keeping my fingers x-ed.

Fgsilva said:
Just called. Nice lady on the phone confirmed it was processed and sent back the same day I got LUD change.

All my applications, except for the I-765 were paper based. And almost every time I got LUD change something happened: first RFE, then receive my RFE reply; after that changed cause they asked for FP and then changed again right after FP. There has been no changes since then which is probably an indication of a pending name check...

So, I think your theory is not right! no wonder I smelled something funny with your posting!!! :D :D :D (pardon me the joke, but I couldn't resist!)

athayyar said:
Was your a paper-based or electronic 485 application?

My initial thoughts were that electronic apps gets updated more often since it being hit by some backend process (as opposed to a paper app that need Immg Off intervention). Most likely i am talking out of my a$$ :). But keeping my fingers x-ed.

No worries..one needs a sense of humour to get through the green card process :)....

Fgsilva said:
All my applications, except for the I-765 were paper based. And almost every time I got LUD change something happened: first RFE, then receive my RFE reply; after that changed cause they asked for FP and then changed again right after FP. There has been no changes since then which is probably an indication of a pending name check...

So, I think your theory is not right! no wonder I smelled something funny with your posting!!! :D :D :D (pardon me the joke, but I couldn't resist!)