luckymb, urgent: Boston local INS EAD question

pekinger

Hi luckymb,

Company lawyer wants to make money out of us and insist to apply EAD for us to INS. Is it possible that after I filed 485/EAD to Vermont INS, and get the receipt, I go right away (before 90 days of filing EAD) to local Boston INS to get an EAD?

Do you know the answer for this or have the phone number of local Boston INS dept. issuing EAD? Thanks,

x admin

Friend

This is possible, you can go to INS boston office with I-765 forms filled, cheque/money order for application fees, I-485 Receipt Notice, Passport and driving license.

You will get EAD on the same day, that's what I am planning to do next week. Make sure you go there before 1 pm; they don't accept cases after 1 pm.

-Dipesh

Thanks, dipesh. Do you know the I485 receipt of the I485/EAD bundle application would look different than I485 receipt of I485 only application? When you have your EAD done in local INS, could you post your experience to share with people? Thanks a lot,

x admin

Hi xadmin,

According to your message, you want to apply EAD in two places? Both in VSC thru your lawyer and go to Boston INS office? I dunno if this is possible. Also, wouldn't you then be spending $120 twice?

Also, I don't think the receipt of a bundle of applications and receipt of individual 485 would look different. If I'm not wrong, I think INS issues individual receipts for each application, even if you have bundled it.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck!

Hi luckymb,

Thanks for your kind reply. I know I will be doing some redundant steps and paying extra money; however, I have a job offer and they need me to start ASAP and don't sponsor H1. So, I figure out going local INS to get an EAD is faster than waiting for VSC's approval; and I'm taking the risk. Hope this will not be a big trouble if l got both formal EAD from both local INS and VSC (will it)? I really don't want to lose the job offer; it's so hard to get one nowadays and I lost a job offer half month ago because I need sponsorship.

x admin

Hi x admin

Honestly, I dunno if a person can have two EAD cards at the same time. No luck in persudaing your lawyer not to apply for EAD, uh?

I understand about the job situation.

Good Luck!

The lawyer are after my money. Do you know how much they charge for my EAD? If I don't remember wrongly, it's $650. Putting $120 for application aside, they want to make $500 out of me. That's why they force me to file EAD through them. They are robber.