<<< APRIL 2002 TRACKER >>>>

bobxu

Registered Users (C)
Hi, all,

Let\'s start a tracker for I-485 cases filed in April 2002. If you have read the tracker for march filers, you would agree with me it is going to be very helpful.

Welcome to forum..

Hi Guys,
   Here is Xls file for March Filers....have a look .....and have an idea....

Here is my info

EB2-NJ
MD 4/15/02
RD None
ND None
Applied for EAD and AP with I485

Guys, How long it takes to get receipt??

Thanks

EAD approved

WE went to local INS office and applid the EAD. We were so surprised when the officer called us back an hour later and told us we can come back to the office to pick up the EAD card.

Total time for processing the EAD: two hour and half. The best experience with INS so far.

Important

Hi Bobxu ,

Can you please tell me did u apply for EAD & AP with you Adjusment
of status OR After getting receipt of Adjustment of status.

My lawyer told me that i should apply for EAD & AP after getting the
receipt of Adjustment of status as applying afterwards it takes 2 weeks only ...But filing together with Adjustment of status takes several months ... Is this true ...

Thanks in advance ,

JR.

EAD

I applied the EAD with I-485 reciept notice in local INS office. I did not bother to apply AP, so I am not sure if I can do that also in local INS.

For me, the officer only takes a copy of I-485 reciept notice and the filled I-765, nothing else. The INS office actually took photos on the spot and asked me to sign on the signature card, 5 minutes later, she put the EAD card in my hand.

The office did mention that it might take a week for background check when we first went in, but she was very nice and called us an hour later at home to come back and pick up the EAD.

Update - RD 4/9/02 ND 4/17/02

I received notice today. Here is the update...
EB1 - VA
PD blank on notice (but my I-140 ND was Nov. 2001)
MD 4/6/02
RD 4/9/02
ND 4/17/02

Also applied EAD for my wife. BobXu made a clever move to apply EAD at a local INS office. We should have done the same.

Also, there was a lot noise on this site that INS stopped processing 485. It\'s nonsense to me. I don\'t believe the unfound unfound assertions.

Folks question about I 485 receipt

Folks ,
One thing I don\'t understand that how can you get receipt of I 485 at your home. My company\'s lawyer filed my I 485, EAD and AP together on 4/15/02. Now as per my understanding original receipt of I 485(I 797) will be sent to him not at my home address. I assume same situation for all of you for employment based immigration. Am I missing something?? Does INS send courtesy copy ?? plwase post your reply

Thanks

I did it by myself, too

You are right. If you use an immigration attorney, no matter what category you go through, the notice will always be sent to your attorney. Your attorney will forward it to you. INS does not send duplicate copies.