LPR want to file immigrant visa for wife

stmykael

Registered Users (C)
i am a legal permanent resident which i got last yr. i got married after receiving my visa but before i first entered de US. i would like to bring ma wife here with me. any thoughts of how the process will go and how long it will take?

What was the basis of your green card ... your parent filed for you? Your sibling? Employer? DV lottery? Your wife's eligibility to join you as a derivative depends on the category of your green card.

It appears she is eligible for for a green card via follow-to-join, if she can complete all the consular formalities before October. Note that last-minute marriages like this are viewed suspiciously and she may have a very difficult interview (and you need to be there) and be required to present a stack of evidence documenting your relationship. For more questions ask in the DV lottery section: http://forums.immigration.com/forumdisplay.php?38-Lottery-Visas-DV

Last edited by a moderator:
Seek the assistance of an attorney or social service agency which assists immigrants. This is a situation where you cannot afford any mistakes so please take this advice.