LPR to USC , foreign spouse question!

Rusus said:
1. I filed I130 on Feb. 2004 and got receipt from CSC. It was approved on Jan. 2005 (I've got approval notice from CSC) and my application was transfered to NVC. Since I was LPR at that time my I130 was just setting there waiting for priority date to become current. As soon as I got my USC I sent a letter to NVC to upgrade my I130. After two weeks NVC sent me a letter with my NVC case#. Then I've got these Bills from NVC.

2. I-130 plus G325a (I don't remember if I had to file two sets, Sorry), marriage certificate, my child birth certificate, copy of my green card...
Please, check with http://uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm for more up to date requirements.

3. In regards to the bills, everybody has to pay these fees. It is just processing fees that's all.

Hope it helps,

1. According to NVC, it takes 2 weeks to process your I-130 after a visa number is made available to you, so that is normal.
How did you prove that you were a USC to NVC? Did you fax/mail them your naturalization certificate/US passport? Can you share the number you called or faxed or address please?

2. Thanks for the info.
3. Good to know this, I was not aware of such a thing.
4. Once you get your packet-3, can you share you experience here please.
Also,after you file your packet-3, how will your wife be notified by the foreign US embassy/consulate? What does she receive? Packet-4?

Thanks.
-zg

zgadiwan said:
1. According to NVC, it takes 2 weeks to process your I-130 after a visa number is made available to you, so that is normal.
How did you prove that you were a USC to NVC? Did you fax/mail them your naturalization certificate/US passport? Can you share the number you called or faxed or address please?

2. Thanks for the info.
3. Good to know this, I was not aware of such a thing.
4. Once you get your packet-3, can you share you experience here please.
Also,after you file your packet-3, how will your wife be notified by the foreign US embassy/consulate? What does she receive? Packet-4?

Thanks.
-zg
1. I just sent a letter to NVC:
cover letter with all my csc case #s and copy of nat. certificate. I heard that you can fax all that to them as well.
4. Sure will. I believe the consulate/embassy will mail packet 4/interview letter directly to my wife.

Last edited by a moderator:
zgadiwan said:
--> How much application fee did you pay when you filed your I-130 at the AIT in taiwan?
US$190. however, AIT in Kaohsiung only accepts NTD, and their currency rate is 1US = 33NTD (normally rate from bank is 1US = 32.x NTD)

zgadiwan said:
--> How long has it been since you filed your I-130?

I filed it on March 15, 2006. However, I missed 1 document. AIT Kaohsiung said they would hold on my application until they receive the document from me, and they would send to taipei. I sent the missing document to my wife and she should receive the package tonight from FedEx, and she will bring it to AIT office on friday. Hopefully AIT Kaohsiung will send the forms / applications to Taipei. I will follow up with them next week thou.
[/quote]

zgadiwan said:
--> What all forms did you file with the ATI? How much fee?
I-130, 2 G-325A, Marriaged cert., a copy of my US passport and a copy of my wife's. a phone of my wife and myself (1 of each), and my previous marriage termination document (it is what i missed).... and something else... you can check out http://www.ait.org.tw

fee: see the answer of the first question