LPR petitioning my daughter and husband

xhristinex

Registered Users (C)
Im Green card holder and i would like to petition my daughter and husband how
long it would take?

Can my mother (us citizen) petition them or be my sponsor?

How did you get your own green card? Depending on how it was obtained, they may be able to get green cards very quickly via "follow to join" if you were married and had your daughter before your green card was approved. Otherwise you can expect a 4-5 year wait, unless you become a citizen sooner than that.

Can my mother (us citizen) petition them or be my sponsor?
No.

How did you get your own green card? Depending on how it was obtained, they may be able to get green cards very quickly via "follow to join" if you were married and had your daughter before your green card was approved. Otherwise you can expect a 4-5 year wait, unless you become a citizen sooner than that.

No.

Thanks for the reply.

Got it from my mother she qnd my step dad petition me. Will i be qualified as "follow to join"? Thanks

Another thing had my daughter before my greencard was given but just married this year. Had my greencard since 2004. But have stayed outside us for 2 years but had re-entry permit

Got it from my mother she qnd my step dad petition me.

So I take it you were petitioned as an unmarried child under 21? If yes, it means your daughter can't get a derivative green card and you'll have to go the longer route with a fresh petition for her.

But have stayed outside us for 2 years but had re-entry permit
That will delay your citizenship eligibility unless you had an N-470. When did you return to the US at the end of that 2 year absence?