LPR filing I-130

artan26

Registered Users (C)
I got married before I received my GC, and filed the I-130 after I received my card. Would I be able to file the follow to join petition for my spouse and not have to wait for the immigrant visa number to become availble? and how soon will she be eligible to file for employment authorization?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

For follow to join criteria here is the link:
http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/appproc.htm#Following

For employment authorization depends if your spouse is able to do follow to join and if your spouse is in the US and then can apply for adjustment of status only THEN your spouse can apply as well for employment authorization. First is follow to join if your spouse is eligible and then the rest...

Good luck,

My wife is currently in the US and overstayed he visitor visa. Can you file follow to join with the I-485 together? What are the requirement to file follow to join?

artan26 said:
My wife is currently in the US and overstayed he visitor visa. Can you file follow to join with the I-485 together? What are the requirement to file follow to join?

If you are not a USC and your spouse has overstayed her I-94 date or accrued unauthorized employment, she will not be eligible to file I-485

Last edited by a moderator: