Lou Dobbs Tonight ! Lets send our petition.

sai-2367

Registered Users (C)
Folks,
How about all of us sending emails to Lou Dobbs, with our petition.
Eduardo Aguirre is his guest tonight.

His email is LouDobbs@CNN.com. This is a good chance to get media attention.
-------------------------------------------

'The Great American Giveaway'

Monday, September 29, 2003
Join us for our series of special reports "The Great American Giveaway." We begin with a look at U.S. immigration policies. How many people become U.S. citizens each year? What are the benefits of becoming an American citizen? Is the process too easy? We take a look. Plus, Eduardo Aguirre, director of Citizenship and Immigration Services for the Department of Homeland Security, is our guest.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Send it

Sai,
It's a good idea. You may go ahead and send the media petition to Lou Dobbs. Put the subject as "The Great American Giveaway".
I will also try to do that.

Targeted media

Sai,

Yes, Let us send the petition ASAP. Hope it was not pre-recorded but in any case Lou Dobbs can ask additional questions.

Let us also send e-mails to Lou Dobbs about the Backlogs, etc.

Not sure where Lou Dobbs stands

I've sent the him the petition. Here are some scripts from his show:

May 19: http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0305/19/mlld.00.html
''Tonight, we begin a special series of reports on a rising threat to the American economy and the American worker. We've titled these reports exporting America because we're shipping not only American dollars around the world but we're also shipping economic activity, jobs, and manufacturing plants overseas. Tonight, we begin with a look at the broken promise of international trade for hundreds of thousands of American workers. Jobs in this country are disappearing, in some cases literally being exported overseas along with valuable technology and intellectual capital. We could have easily entitled these reports the great American giveaway, Peter Viles reports PETER VILES, CNN CORRESPONDENT (voice-over): For two years the American economy has been losing jobs and sometimes you can see exactly where they're going, Honeywell shutting a factory in Rhode Island where it makes thermal controls, exporting 374 jobs to Mexico and China. Alcoa this spring announced cutbacks in New York, Texas, and Washington, and invested $400 million in South America, invested $1.1 billion in East Iceland; Delta Airlines outsourcing some reservations job; overseas, 600 new jobs in India and the Philippines. Now this is not how global trade was supposed to work out. The promise was new markets and new jobs for American workers. BILL CLINTON, FORMER PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES: We must recognize that the only way for a wealthy nation to grow richer is to export, to simply find new customers for the products and services it makes. VILES: The reality is the trade deficit has rocketed to five percent of GDP. The promise of new markets for American products appears broken in what author Alan Tonelson calls a race to the bottom in wages and costs. ALAN TONELSON, "THE RACE TO THE BOTTOM": And they sold America a bill o of goods during the 1990s because they said that all of these new trade agreements, NAFTA, normalized trade with China, were going to boost exports from their American factories, and what they've done is they've used these trade agreements to send production abroad. VILES: And not just production. Increasingly, corporate America is exporting so-called knowledge jobs. By one estimate, the high tech industry in this country lost 560,000 jobs in 2001 and 2002. The U.S. is also exporting capital. Among the biggest investors in China, Motorola, $3.4 billion invested; General Electric, $1.5 billion invested; Kodah, $1.2 billion, all participating in a rush to globalize that has outraced U.S. policy. BARRY C. LYNN, TRADE ANALYST: One of the things that they really don't understand is the degree to which most manufacturing has become globalized and it happened so quickly and it happened so dramatically in the 1990s and over this last decade that most policymakers, it's just way off their map. VILES: The issue is not just jobs, it's intellectual capital as well. In semiconductors and other high tech manufacturing, China has narrowed the gap with the U.S. so quickly it raises national security concerns. Right now most of the magnets that make smart bombs work are made in Indiana but Magnequench is closing its Indiana plant and may move the jobs overseas. Indiana lawmakers are asking the White House to intervene and keep those jobs out of China, saying such a move would "threaten national security." VILES: In a report to Congress last July, a special commission on this subject warned that U.S. reliance on Chinese imports is a growing security issue saying it might "undermine the U.S. defense industrial base." That same commission said China is gaining an unfair trade advantage by manipulating its currency -- Lou. [snip] Kevin Taylor, of Wheaton, Illinois wrote, "Thank you for the nearly exclusive coverage of U.S. corporations exporting white collar and high-tech jobs overseas. U.S. corporations are shortsightedly aiming to reduce costs by exporting jobs by ignoring that nobody will be left to buy their products. It is a vicious cycle we must avoid." And Pat Heichelbeck, of Chrisney, Indiana wrote, of the devastating effects of exporting America here at home. "General Electric in Tell City is moving to Mexico and this has left this small town in bad shape. Houses are for sale all over town and nobody wants to buy them because there are no other jobs here. This should not be happening in this country. How can the economy get any better with the factories leaving?"''
May 20: http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0305/20/mlld.00.html ``Paul Wah of Ventura, California wrote to say, "It is obvious that the white collar workers are now getting a taste of what the blue collars have been eating. I think NAFTA should more aptly be called `SHAFTA.'"''
May 21: http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0305/21/mlld.00.html ``HOLLINGS: Well right to the point, instead of investigating manufacturing firms that are exporting the jobs, we got to sort of investigate the Congress, educate the Congress. We have just voted 10 minutes ago to do away with the buy America provision of the defense bill, so before long, we'll be buying the uniforms in China.
May 22: http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0305/22/mlld.00.html
May 23: http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0305/23/mlld.00.html ``Kenneth Yerty of West Covina, California: "How about exporting the jobs of all our U.S. lawmakers who favor exporting American jobs?" Wayne Pinkham of Bristol, Connecticut was outraged. He says: "I cannot believe that my own government has created a situation where I am not discriminated by my race, religion, veteran status, sexual preference, sex or age, but by being a citizen of the United States." And Larry Glickman of Stuart, Florida, had a great idea for CEOs who are interested in raising productivity by outsourcing to foreign countries: "I'm sure," he says, "many Indian business school graduates would be thrilled to take the CEO jobs of U.S. corporations. They would work for $200,000 or less, not $20 million, and would be hard pressed to do a worse job than U.S. CEOs."''
May 26: http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0305/26/mlld.00.html
May 27: http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0305/27/mlld.00.html ``David Lee of New Jersey wrote, "After successfully exporting American labor overseas we are now exporting American brainpower, and doing a very good job of it. What's Next? In another few years we will be exporting American management and excutives. Watch out, American CEO's! Think of the cost savings and productivty gains." And Will Kernen of Ohio writes, "Dear Lou. How long before Americans are sneaking across the border to find jobs in Mexico?"''

Agree with you YJay. I have seen that program too where Lou Dobbs talks about how Americans are losing their jobs. He was so biased that he did not have even one email or one quote or one politician that talked positively about that. With this bias I am not sure how he would receive this petition we are sending.

Don't send our petition to every media place. If they are against immigrations, the effort will backfire.

Right now, don't do anything. I think Oct things will change for us. No need to lobby media.

Originally posted by dengdeng
Don't send our petition to every media place. If they are against immigrations, the effort will backfire.

Right now, don't do anything. I think Oct things will change for us. No need to lobby media.

It is this backlash fear put us in this situation, illegals are suing USCIS, illegals are demonstrating by taking a bus ride to Washington D.C.

Guys, Please stand Up and face the problem instead of hiding and thinking that problem will be resolved as we move.

Don't wait act immediately, We have seen so many Octobers and nothing changed.

What is wrong about this note:-

Lou,
I regularly watch CNN, as they pride themselves on being fair and balanced. We are a group of Employment-based immigrants, who have filed for permanent residency. We are skilled professionals with exceptional ability, immigrating to jobs for which U.S. Department of Labor has certified that no qualified U.S. worker is available. Employment-based immigrants constitute only 10 - 15% of the total legal immigrants that come to this country every year.
The processing time for our cases has been delayed considerably resulting in severe hardships. Since we are on our way to become proud citizens of this nation, could you please remind your honorable guest Mr. Eduardo Aguirre to look into our concerns?

Yours truly,

Sai

Originally posted by sai-2367

Lou,
I regularly watch CNN, as they pride themselves on being fair and balanced. We are a group of Employment-based immigrants, who have filed for permanent residency. We are skilled professionals with exceptional ability, immigrating to jobs for which U.S. Department of Labor has certified that no qualified U.S. worker is available. Employment-based immigrants constitute only 10 - 15% of the total legal immigrants that come to this country every year.
The processing time for our cases has been delayed considerably resulting in severe hardships. Since we are on our way to become proud citizens of this nation, could you please remind your honorable guest Mr. Eduardo Aguirre to look into our concerns?

Yours truly,

Sai

"Employment-based immigrants"...............should've been 'wanna be immigrants' or 'immigrant applicants'.

Dengdeng:
What are we afraid of? Things can't get any worse for us.

Originally posted by dengdeng

This is what I thought !
"
An immigrant is defined as a person who seeks lawful permission to land in USA
"
An Employment-based immigrant is someone who has been lawfully permiited to work, in this country.

Originally posted by ar888
"Employment-based immigrants"...............should've been 'wanna be immigrants' or 'immigrant applicants'.

Originally posted by sai-2367

Lou,

Yours truly,

Sai

Looks good to me. Good effort Sai.

Raj