Lou Dobbs Tonight ! Lets send our BACKLOG PETITION.

i dont watch him p

i think he is pompous old fart....i have seen a couple of shows he doesnot attract me as an audience:D ;)

Edison and tombaan (listen to NPR coverage)

If Lou Dobbs is covering issues parochially, listen to this 3 minute beautiful commentary about "America losing jobs to developing countries," NPR's Robert Reich, argues scientifically with statistics that not just America is losing factory/manufacturing jobs, but even the Manufacturing Capital of the World -- China!! "What's going on?" -- he asks and gives a wonderful outlook. Listen it here: http://www.marketplace.org/play/aud.../05_mpp&start=00:00:09:08.0&end=00:00:12:07.7

People like Lou, should not be arguing ad hominem, but ad rem. They ought to know that they just cannot hoodwink the gullible public by throwing fancy arguments which the common populace can easily identify, especially when they see massive furloughs and lay-offs. However, thanks to News Organizations like NPR, we get some real news.

It is a shame for CNN to have this burly Dobb on its show, even though CNN doesn't belong to the right-wing propaganda machinery, unlike its 'fair-and-balanced' counterpart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good one poon...

Nice choice of words .

Of course CNN should know better, but in the South programme like Lou appeals to Right wing ( Read Repub... ) minded people and add to the fire of Anti-immigration feelings.

Lot of people mix up Legal / Illegal immigration issues and also due to the current job climate+ post 9/11 these feelings are alltime high.

It will be in the national best interests , Media act responsibly.

All Lou Dobb is trying to do is appeal to the conservative audience and that is what all the networks are trying to do to keep their ratings up. See the success of Orielly's Factor for instance.

Lou Dobbs ANTI-IMMIGRATION tirade continues under a veiled topic...

OK, Lou is at his best in converting a program on economics and business to a platform for launching covert and veiled anti-immigrant tirade. Starting this week, he is going to preach about Broken Borders and you can see how he will rock with his covert blasts on immigrants in general. Last week it was EXPORTING AMERICA.

Re: poon

Originally posted by tombaan
do you have more background on this guy? what he is etc
Unfortunately nope, tombaan :eek: Don't think I am getting obsessed with this guy, but just frustrated. Again, it is because it is on a topic which we can also play into his hands -- the sensitive topic of illegal immigrants. All of us, who are right-thinking will oppose illegal-immigration. Right? Well, this guy will use those popular sentiments to implicitly exude attacks on all immigrants in general. Already the comity of immigrants with general populace is at its all-time low. Guys like Lou should educate the masses and should portray issues such as these without any ulterior motive or bias. However that is a moot point.

So why are we going after Mr. Lou Dobbs - isn't it every American's right to know what the actual cost of sending jobs off-shore is short-term and long-term - and what is the reason that the guy next door had been out of job for last 1 year. I am afraid we are doing this petition & stuff just to silence anyone who dare question moving American (our, yours and mine) jobs to other countries.

lets' all behave like grown ups - we are Americans and we must not lose sight of the fact that our kids and their kids and many generation will live in America - else we would not be here on "IMMIGRATION.COM".

You have the right to disagree with me - but please do not try to "silence anyone who dare question"your opinion.

Cheers,

we are americans????

if we are what are we doing on this forum. last time i read the law i thought americans dont need green cards :D :D

What is Lou Dobbs' point ?

I watched the continuation of "Exporting America" by Lou in CNN last nite. He is propaganding everyone to send him the company names that are outsourcing jobs in thier workplace. At the end of the program he was a reading a long list that were mostly Fortune 100 companies. What can people make out of this ? Can he convince the crowd that he is right and Microsoft, IBM and DELL... are wrong ?