Lou Dobbs Tonight ! Lets send our BACKLOG PETITION.

Edison

Registered Users (C)
Lou Dobbs Tonight ! Lets send our BACKLOG PETITION.
Folks,
How about all of us sending emails to Lou Dobbs, with our petition.
Eduardo Aguirre is his guest tonight.

His email is LouDobbs@CNN.com. This is a good chance to get media attention. Put the subject as "The Great American Giveaway".

Please use our Congress petition attached below or write briefly about Backlog:

Congress Petition:
http://boards.immigration.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=586006

-------------------------------------------

'The Great American Giveaway'

Monday, September 29, 2003
Join us for our series of special reports "The Great American Giveaway." We begin with a look at U.S. immigration policies. How many people become U.S. citizens each year? What are the benefits of becoming an American citizen? Is the process too easy? We take a look. Plus, Eduardo Aguirre, director of Citizenship and Immigration Services for the Department of Homeland Security, is our guest.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, Sai-2367 for starting this initiative at I-485 VSC forum .
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99263
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I doubt he will have any symapthies. Like everyone else he is there for ratings and one sensitive topic these days is unemployement. Has anyone see how he was trying to "gril" the congressman from California last week who is opposing removing H-1 or L-1 visa. (He said on CNN staff there are journalist who are on H-1b visa and they dont have any special skills) Ofcourse ocngressman replied that, in that case CNN is violating the law. The point is Lou Dobbs will just use the backlog fact, and distort it to prove once again that cheap foreign labor is creating crisis here. (by the way these days stories on unemployment because of outsourcing or temporary worker improves rating numbers)

Unfortunately post 9/11 immigrant sob stories do not quite cut it with americans in general. An overwhelming majority of americans actually favor reducing immigration or completely stopping it. If you regularly watch Fox and CNN you will sense this anti-immigrant feeling. Unfortunately all of this is compounded by the fact that most average americans are simply kept in the dark about the facts. Their government has a vested interest in keeping them ignorant about the facts.

He is talking about Naturalizing 1 million people instead of 700,00 people right now. And he is talking about H1-B and all that crap. Nothing really useful to those who are like us follow more closely the immigration issues. it may be an education to Americans but I doubt how many actually listened to his crap.

I agree with Poogunranar. Lou Dobb is cynical and narrow minded and sarcastic.

Kamal

for full transcript.. go to http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0309/29/ldt.00.html

Following text is from the cnn website...
"
DOBBS: Streamlining the process, your department, obviously, has been criticized for tremendous delays and inefficiencies before you took over. But now that you are in charge of that department, are you going to be able to improve on the procedures and the process for legal immigrants?

AGUIRRE: Well, that's the promise I gave the president and having given that promise to the president, I will make sure that I improve customer service, that I reduce backlogs and I do it all in a environment and increased security, recognizing that we're now fighting terrorism and we want to make sure that we let the right people in, we serve them right and we keep the wrong people out.
"

Originally posted by four8five
we keep the wrong people out.
so Aguirre means that he should be out anytime now? Moleless chap he is...speaking white lies to a fat elephant dobbs. i would have rather spent time reading doctor dobb's journal

Lou Dobbs and his anti-immigrant coverage

Last night, I had the pleasure of watching Lou Dobbs Money-line, where he has started an entire week of special coverage called Exporting America -- a coverage focussed on jobs being exported to other developing nations. Immediately after that, he traded his guns on Illegal Immigration. I am against Illegal Immigration as well, as many legal aliens are in this forum. However, there was a strong undercurrent of seething anti-immigrant wave in his coverage. He was saying words like, "ridiculous," "surprising," that the Government is not having a "FINAL IMMIGRATION POLICY" under post-911 context. Read his epithet of "FINAL IMMIGRATION POLICY" as, "CLOSED DOOR POLICY."

It is a shame and a pity that this guy who is supposed to present a program on Economics knows nothing about Global, Micro, and Macro Economics, leave alone International Trade and Services. He is presenting a program, akin to a platform-speaker of a political party. And certainly what he says is capable of adding fuel to the fire, resulting in an increased hatred of immigrants in general.

His perspective is not as wide as his body or as his stronghead. You guys can watch this program today at 1800 Eastern, where he will continue his segment on EXPORTING AMERICA.

Re: watch out lou

Originally posted by tombaan
poon*** doesnot like you:D :D :D
tombaan: What is your take on it? Didn't you find it offensive, I mean, the covert attempt to talk about a different topic, but with strong under-current of anti-immigrant tenor...Let me know if you had the "pleasure" of watching this crap .:D

Re: Lou Dobbs and his anti-immigrant coverage

Originally posted by poongunranar
Last night, I had the pleasure of watching Lou Dobbs Money-line, where he has started an entire week of special coverage called Exporting America -- a coverage focussed on jobs being exported to other developing nations. Immediately after that, he traded his guns on Illegal Immigration. I am against Illegal Immigration as well, as many legal aliens are in this forum. However, there was a strong undercurrent of seething anti-immigrant wave in his coverage. He was saying words like, "ridiculous," "surprising," that the Government is not having a "FINAL IMMIGRATION POLICY" under post-911 context. Read his epithet of "FINAL IMMIGRATION POLICY" as, "CLOSED DOOR POLICY."

It is a shame and a pity that this guy who is supposed to present a program on Economics knows nothing about Global, Micro, and Macro Economics, leave alone International Trade and Services. He is presenting a program, akin to a platform-speaker of a political party. And certainly what he says is capable of adding fuel to the fire, resulting in an increased hatred of immigrants in general.

His perspective is not as wide as his body or as his stronghead. You guys can watch this program today at 1800 Eastern, where he will continue his segment on EXPORTING AMERICA.

I hate this Lou Dobbs. Does he think that he is King/Dictator of USA?????