• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Lottery & Marriage

leyefe12

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

This question for my friend.

My friend is currently married to a US Citizen in the west coast. Although the divorce proceedings are in place. In the meantime, her green card application from that guy has been defaulted because they were only married for couple of months and that the guy and her never showed up to the interview.

After divorce proceedings started, my friend started to date this guy who luckily won lottery after. They decided to get married and wait for the divorce of the previous marriage but they had promise rings. And now, the new guy that she is engaged to win lottery. And they are wondering if she has the divorce before her fiance gets the green card can she also get the green card by getting married to him.

I know this sounds confusing but we really need answes so to give you an example.

Lets say she gets the divorce from this guy on July 22. And gets married to this guy who won lottery and apply together...Will she be ok?

This is frustrating for her because the first guy never gave her any paperwork and that she didnt even know that she was in deportation proceedings.

Thanks,

Hello,

This question for my friend.

My friend is currently married to a US Citizen in the west coast. Although the divorce proceedings are in place. In the meantime, her green card application from that guy has been defaulted because they were only married for couple of months and that the guy and her never showed up to the interview.

After divorce proceedings started, my friend started to date this guy who luckily won lottery after. They decided to get married and wait for the divorce of the previous marriage but they had promise rings. And now, the new guy that she is engaged to win lottery. And they are wondering if she has the divorce before her fiance gets the green card can she also get the green card by getting married to him.

I know this sounds confusing but we really need answes so to give you an example.

Lets say she gets the divorce from this guy on July 22. And gets married to this guy who won lottery and apply together...Will she be ok?

This is frustrating for her because the first guy never gave her any paperwork and that she didnt even know that she was in deportation proceedings.

Thanks,

Have a consultaiton with a good, reputable lawyer. Notice the emphasis on the good and reputable part.

It will be difficult to prove to USCIS or the consular officer that the new marriage is genuine after you married, applied for a green card, missed your interview, got denied, got placed in deportation proceedings, and got engaged to another man before divorcing the first one.

I am not saying that any of this is your fault or that the new marriage is not genuine - just that it will be difficult to convince USCIS or the consular officer.

plus07 is very right. It will be very difficult to show that your new marriage is genuine. Get youself an *above average* immigration lawyer!

ALSO, IF the new spouse (the dv winner) doesn't have the actual GC yet, he could end up getting screwed too (no pan intended) and his GC denied if he presents her as his new wife and the DoS or USCIS suspect intent to commit immigartion fraud.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with plus07. Deportation proceedings may have begun for your friend, and she may not be able to apply for DV AOS anyway. Since she has been denied AOS through marriage, she may be in the US unlawfully - hence, she can't do AOS. If she accumulates more than 180 days of unlawful presence, she will not be able to do consular processing either. And all of that is on top of suspisions of two fake marriages - aka immigration fraud, like Dematra said.

Hi,

This is my situation, i register for me and my aunt 2013 dv usa but only she came out accepted.
Anyway, i want to know if i get marriage with some situation with him before send forms and send the status change form, how it will be managed? she is 10 years older as me! and she is my aunt!
is there any way that officer know that his my aunt?
in which reason they may reject us for his marriage?
how i can manage this formality marriage to be a real ones so both of us get visa?
by which situation and reason officer will understand that this is a formality situation and what are the bad affects of it? will my aunt as main accepted dv usa be rejected also if ... ?

I nominate this one for "Post of the Year" Award..

what are such stupid dancing answer! what do you think by yourself and just fun. what a marriage certificate means for you? are you born on certificate! so i just saying marriage means all! THAT IS FUN

aaaa....please stop spamming ubcboy!
We all understand (or try to understand) your need somehow :)))) LOOOOOL

No spamming! OK! just answer, if admin is here, lets try to delete all related post if ...

This is the kind of cases that are disqualified in a second and give room to legit ones. Just go ahead, do it and the next selectee in line will get that Green Card.

Pryanik :)

This is the kind of cases that are disqualified in a second and give room to legit ones. Just go ahead, do it and the next selectee in line will get that Green Card.

Pryanik :)

This reminded me a favorite song: "I'm my own grandpa!" :D

This guy will be his own uncle!! :D :D