Lot of Patience and WOM got me GC

srichalam

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

This morning i found my(Spouse) Welcome Notice and shortly after that approval notice messages on USCIS website. As many already said, no emails though.

You can go thru my signature below as our journey is one of the longest. After USCIS approved the primary, put me on hold for Name Check several years. And i patiently waited for years and years with the hope that tomorrow might be my day. But that tomorrow came only after i filed WOM.

Having understood the fact that i got stuck in FBI NC, i approached every possible person/office (Congressman/FL/FBI/Ombudsman/USCIS/Infopass) and gathered all possible info/letters to support that fact that FBI is the hurdle on my way to GC. Finally filed WOM after spending a couple of days on reading through the below links, on my OWN in the last week of July with all the evidence i gathered over the years, and it only costed me about $400 in total.

Luckily, i got a very helpful AUSA(Assistant US Attorney), who wasted no time in pursuing FBI to clear my Name from the dust, and immediately pursued USCIS based on the NC clearance he got from FBI.

As you can see my signature, my case is very much a right candidate for WOM. I know there are many like me one i know for sure is Akbari who is still stuck in NC. I wish him all the best.

Had i not got the GC via WOM, probably it wouldn't have brought me any delight whatsoever. But even now i'm delighted just because there is a system that still works for the common man in this country, and i really appreciate this country and the people who made it so great.

Fighting against the highest law enforcement authority of the country in a court of law is kinda beyond my wildest dreams, let alone real life. But it happened right here in this country in my life time. And i'm thrilled. I thank all of you, Rajiv and in particular AUSA.

Having spent a lot of hours on this website, knowing fully that GC for me is not around the corner, and hoping against hopes all these days :), i want to say bye to you all. The procedure to go for WOM is on wikipedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandamus

It's simple to do WOM. Many of us here writing complex software, and this thing is a piece of cake. I'll be here for another couple of weeks to answer to your questions. One more time, bye to you all. By the way, just fyi i'm from India.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! You encouraged me. I just filed WOM on 11/21, on my own. Did you get Motion to Dismiss after your WOM filing? How did you get the response from AUSA? Did he follow up through the whole process until your approvals?

Thanks!

Congratulations !

Enjoy.

You dared and got success. So happy for you.

Thank you for good wishes.

Take care.

Akbari

WOM Timeline

Hi.

Congratulations!! Could you please give more details of the WOM like date of filing, any LUDs and any other documents to produce during this filing?

You may send me a private message. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
gj

Thanks

to all of you.

Akbari,

I really wish you get out of this mess asap.

hyyz,

I didn't get any MTD. Initially i sent copy of summons to US Attorney @DC, which was incorrect as in the wikipedia link. That wasted couple of months time (I corrected it later in the wikipedia too) . Later i sent summons to local US Attorney of the state. I gave my personal phone no. on the covering letter to US Attorney's office, and he called me. And he did follow up. Again it depends on how lucky you are to get a friendly AUSA. Good luck to you.

GrimJudge,

I filed around 29th of July. There were no LUDs. I filed all communication between myself and congressman/ombudsman/USCIS(Service Requests)/FBI responses to my inquiries etc., Basically, produced enough evidence to support my argument that the delay is unacceptable.

You deserve this approval...

Congratulations! You were one of the longest waiters in the waiting derivatives list. It is truly great for us to see your day finally has come.

Enjoy your new life to the full. You are finally free! :)

Not sure if it's same with all, but i got welcome/approval/card production/card mailed messages in three days time. Though for the first two i didn't get emails, but for the later two i did get emails.

And btw, the AUSA called me and said he got copy of approval notice and he is going to submit papers to dismiss the case, since now the scenario of my 'PENDING CASE' no longer exist. I'll accept it once i get GC in my hand.