lost waiver

kull

Registered Users (C)
It's my story:

USCIS granded my application, I can cheack my status online and it's information I received a waiver. But, I have never received official letter with the waiver. USCIS told me, they didnt received mail back, so probably a letter with my waiver was lost. Now, I have to apply for a diplicate, it costs more that $300, but a worse thing is, my J1 expire in january 2008, and now I want to study, and I have to apply for changing my status from J1 to F1 now. Can that be some problem with USCIS? My school will apply for chenging my status, but they sad, everything depend of USCIS. So my question is:

I have the waiver 'in USCIS's database' but I dont have that official paper, I have to apply for duplicate. Is not a problem to apply now for changing a status from J1 to F1? Had ever someone that kind of situation?

please answer me, thank you

Changing status from J1 to F1 has nothing to do with the waiver. You would only need proof of the waiver if you were to adjust your status to immigrant visa or work visa (as H1b)

In any case you should try to either locate your lost waiver or get a copy so that you do not have issues with future paperwork.