Lost Original I-94 (Urgent)

atr

Registered Users (C)
Hi All

My wife has lost her I-94. She came to the United States in December 1999 on H-4 visa and her visa was was valid until April 2000. So she got I-94 valid until April 2000. This was the original I-94 which has received at the time of port of entry.

I joined another company and applied for my H1 and her H4 and got my new H1 & her new H4 from new company. I have her H4 visa which has I-94 in it valid until April 2003 and she also got her visa stamped. She has to go to India. Can she go to India on the new I-94[which is attached with her new H4] or she needs to apply to INS for the lost I-94(which has already expired).

Please Help..................

Thanks...........

You are just fine. The I-94 on the H4 approval notice supercedes the white one obtained at the POE. I had the same issue when the white I-94 I had expired a few years ago and I submitted the I-94 on the H1 approval notice while departing the US.

When she leave for India, she has to surrender the I-94 on the approval notice at the ticket counter.

(For the sake of argument, even if she only surrendered the white, expired I-94, she would be considered out-of-status and may face problems reentering the US).

Always submit the most recent I-94, whether white or gray.

Good luck!

No she does not need the original I-94. Hope you have a copy for your records, though. If asked at POE, she can always say that the original was sent to INS at the time of H4 ext., and show the copy, although I do not believe that they will ask for the old I-94.