Lost Naturalization Certificate..how to get verification letter ?

Adisam

Hi all,

I lost/stolen my Naturalization certificate on the day of my oath ceremony which is a disaster for me. I had no chance to apply for my U.S. passport. I have filed N-565 form with Nebraska Service center .
San jose field office provided me with a copy of my Naturalization certificate so i could fill the certificate number on N-565 . They also told me to include a written application to expediate my process so as to obtain verification letter which I could use to apply for U.S. passport.

There is an urgent need for me to travel out of the county. How sooon can I get a verification letter ??.Can I also get the verification letter from a U.S. district court ??. Do they send the verification letter earlier than the replacement Naturalization certificate ??. Is there any other way i can get a temporary U.S. passport ??

Please help ! Any suggestions would be welcome!

-Adisam

Hi all,

I lost/stolen my Naturalization certificate on the day of my oath ceremony which is a disaster for me. I had no chance to apply for my U.S. passport. I have filed N-565 form with Nebraska Service center .
San jose field office provided me with a copy of my Naturalization certificate so i could fill the certificate number on N-565 . They also told me to include a written application to expediate my process so as to obtain verification letter which I could use to apply for U.S. passport.

There is an urgent need for me to travel out of the county. How sooon can I get a verification letter ??.Can I also get the verification letter from a U.S. district court ??. Do they send the verification letter earlier than the replacement Naturalization certificate ??. Is there any other way i can get a temporary U.S. passport ??

Please help ! Any suggestions would be welcome!

-Adisam

Sorry about your situation, this is indeed rather unfortunate. How did it happen that your NC got lost/stolen so quickly?

Regarding your questions. I have been following this forum for quite a while, but I have never heard of a situation like this, and have never heard of a "verification letter". The only thing I could suggest is that you make an INFOPASS appointment with your local USCIS office and talk to them about your situation. Perhaps they might be able to issue a "verification letter" quickly.

Yes , you can get a verification letter from the immigration contact of the district court clerk within 1 day .
I was in a similar situation where i laminated the N. Ceritificate turning it void after an hour of my oath ceremony . I found that it when i took the laminated certificate to the post office for my passport application . Yes , i did tear my hair apart. When senses prevailed , called Boston district court ( that's when the swearing in judge came from) , selected the immigration clerk no: from the automated menu and explained her my situation . She immediately mailed their verification letter to my home address. I took the letter and my flight booking itin to the regional passport office in Boston, along with my laminated certificate and haggled for an hour . It was not easy .. but i got head . They issues me a passport valid for one year. They said after you get your replacement , send us the original with a new passport form and we shall issue you a regular passport.

Along with my n-565 application I wrote a covering letter explaining my situation ( no green card .. no passport .. can't apply/change my job .. since I9 wants passport) an got replacement certficate in less than 3 weeks . Your situation would be different ( 3 months), since it case of a loss. But if you are lucky i.e if your local DO has not sent back your file to Texas.. it could be quicker for you.

Good Luck. Have faith in the system .. it works.

copy of the certificate of naturalization

Yes , you can get a verification letter from the immigration contact of the district court clerk within 1 day .
I was in a similar situation where i laminated the N. Ceritificate turning it void after an hour of my oath ceremony . I found that it when i took the laminated certificate to the post office for my passport application . Yes , i did tear my hair apart. When senses prevailed , called Boston district court ( that's when the swearing in judge came from) , selected the immigration clerk no: from the automated menu and explained her my situation . She immediately mailed their verification letter to my home address. I took the letter and my flight booking itin to the regional passport office in Boston, along with my laminated certificate and haggled for an hour . It was not easy .. but i got head . They issues me a passport valid for one year. They said after you get your replacement , send us the original with a new passport form and we shall issue you a regular passport.

Along with my n-565 application I wrote a covering letter explaining my situation ( no green card .. no passport .. can't apply/change my job .. since I9 wants passport) an got replacement certficate in less than 3 weeks . Your situation would be different ( 3 months), since it case of a loss. But if you are lucky i.e if your local DO has not sent back your file to Texas.. it could be quicker for you.

How does one get a copy of the certificate of naturalization. I got mine and the US passport 16 years ago. Now i need a copy for OCI --India ! Please help

How does one get a copy of the certificate of naturalization. I got mine and the US passport 16 years ago. Now i need a copy for OCI --India ! Please help

And, try to explain your situation at an Infopass appointment.

Also, to everyone out there, NEVER LAMINATE OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS! In some countries, this is routine (India being a good example - my birth certificate was laminated, and is useless in the West), but in the US and Europe, it voids the documents because you might not be able to see the security features.

I got my naturalization certificate couple of months ago. I moved several places after I got it, I misplaced it somewhere. Unfortunately I didn't apply for a passport either.

Now I have a travel requirement within couple of weeks and I also need to get security clearance with the DOD for my new job. Both of them require proof of citizenship. I filed the N-565 form last friday, I got the notification form USPS that they received it.

I went to the uscis local office to get the certificate of naturalization # for resubmission. I asked them if they give letters with my information that I am citizen to apply for a temp passport. They told me that they were instructed to stop giving those out 1 month ago.

I set up another appointment with infopass at another uscis location to see if they can get me a letter as proof for he passport office.

I haven't received the receipt number yet, I am wondering how long they generally take to input that form into the system? My next USCIS appointment is on Monday, I am hoping they have that form in their system by then. And maybe this office can kindly provide me that letter.

I am going take a copy of my flight ticket as well to see if that helps.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

Hi there,

Sorry , right now i have nothing to share with you but i promise i will come with some use facts that really helps you alot.

Thank You

hi ! I ran to the same problem with laminating N.Certificate :( How long did it take you to receive the new certificate ? Did you also mail out the laminated certificated along with N-565 and your covering letter?