lost labor certified letter in the mail

dolly75

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I am in Denver .My labor got approved on 14th Jun2002(Texas).
I heard this information on their tone talker.
we waited to get the hard copy from the DOL for 3 weeks,later when I inquired from my lawyer,he said he will sent a letter to the DOL,which infact he did,still after 4 weeks there was no reponse from the DOL,he had sent one more letter to the DOL asking for the letter .I am so sick and tired all this .
Now my lawyer is saying,he can file for my I-140 and 485(with new rule) together and INS must request DOL for the hard copy of the approved labor,incase the letter is lost in the mail,DOL will not sent the duplicate copy to the lawyer.
Has any one faced similiar type of situation.
I am really tensed.
My lawyer I guess is misleading my of the whole situation.

Please suggest and anyother opinions on this.

Thanks,

Hi I don't have same experience nor I am lawyer

Hi I don't have same experience nor I am lawyer

But I think comman sense says there should be way to get duplicate copy of labor certificate, Becuase unlike other document Labor certification is valid for ever.

Be cool, and try to convience lawyer, if you think he is not as same page with you try to get honest opinion from other lawyer.
(and if you think, it won't be bad idea to change lawyer)

One thing I don't want do disappoint you, but please verify if your labor certificate really get approved or not. because sometime AVM system is not very much reailable.

Other people opinion says don't call DOL directly, but for peace of your mind I think it won't be bad idea. (I spoke with them, they were not that bad, but on contrary they are very helpful)

Check if you company, your or your lawyer address change after your certification filed. usually it takes 8-10 days to get HC. in special case they can fedex to you if you give your fedex account number.

I hope this will help.

JB

Last edited by a moderator:
Your attorney is correct, if the LC approval is lost, then the INS has to request it. The DOL will not send you another copy.

DOL is precluded from sending a duplicate original to anyone other than an immigration or consular officer by 20 C.F.R. Sec. 656.30(e) which states:

Certifying Officers shall issue duplicate labor certifications
only upon the written request of a Consular of Immigration
Officer. Certifying Officers shall issue such duplicate labor
certifications only to the Consular or Immigration Officer who
submitted the written request. An alien, employer, or an
employer or Alien’s agent, therefore may petition an
Immigration or Consular Officer to request a duplicate from the
certifying officer.

The attorney needed to have INS ask DOL for the duplicate. Typically, this can take a LONG time. There's not much to be done at this point but this is a good reason not to misplace the original LC.

Similar Case

Hi,

I have similar case:( . I will appreciate, if you can write about final out of your case.

Did u ever recieve original?

Thank you.

Hi All,

I am in Denver .My labor got approved on 14th Jun2002(Texas).
I heard this information on their tone talker.
we waited to get the hard copy from the DOL for 3 weeks,later when I inquired from my lawyer,he said he will sent a letter to the DOL,which infact he did,still after 4 weeks there was no reponse from the DOL,he had sent one more letter to the DOL asking for the letter .I am so sick and tired all this .
Now my lawyer is saying,he can file for my I-140 and 485(with new rule) together and INS must request DOL for the hard copy of the approved labor,incase the letter is lost in the mail,DOL will not sent the duplicate copy to the lawyer.
Has any one faced similiar type of situation.
I am really tensed.
My lawyer I guess is misleading my of the whole situation.

Please suggest and anyother opinions on this.

Thanks,

Got it?

dkumar341,
Did you get approval, I am also in the same boat. My 140 was filed on March 15th 2007.

Hi,

I have similar case:( . I will appreciate, if you can write about final out of your case.

Did u ever recieve original?

Thank you.

Hi sixpockets,

I am also in same situation. Could you please let me know how did you document the request of issuing duplicate labor certificate. I mean do you have any format of cover letter which requests USCIS to ask for a duplicate labor certificate from DOL?

Did you received the receipt number?

Many Thanks

--RDTS

dkumar341,
Did you get approval, I am also in the same boat. My 140 was filed on March 15th 2007.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too

Hi,
Me too in the same boat. I did see one case in trackitt got his approval with request for duplicate certificate.

My attorney says I cannot file I-485 concurrently, I already have my I-140 receipt number. Can I file for my I-485 while I-140 is pending? Anyone done this before?

RD:May 2007