LOST I485 receipt

GCkachakar

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

My attorney has lost or misplaced MY I485 receipt ( go figure how)
he applied my 3rd EAD without the receipt I am sure I will get the RFE regarding that.

Now my question is if I need to apply for interm EAD I need the receipt, now if I don' t have the receipt is there any way to get a copy of duplicate receipt from INS, by calling the National service center # or do we have to file somekind of form to do that?

Please any help....I don't have H1 and i am working on EAD if it gets expired I will also be fired.....

Don't you have a copy of the receipt (You should've received one, when you applied for AOS)?

Originally posted by GCkachakar
Gurus,

My attorney has lost or misplaced MY I485 receipt ( go figure how)
he applied my 3rd EAD without the receipt I am sure I will get the RFE regarding that.

Now my question is if I need to apply for interm EAD I need the receipt, now if I don' t have the receipt is there any way to get a copy of duplicate receipt from INS, by calling the National service center # or do we have to file somekind of form to do that?

Please any help....I don't have H1 and i am working on EAD if it gets expired I will also be fired.....

I am not sure, but somebody posted here that USCIS didn't give them duplicate I485 receipt notice. Do a search on thsi forum.

GCkachakar

Do you have the canceld check from BCIS that sent to you from your bank?

Usually, they also print the case number there.

No I don't have the copy...
I have the best lawyer who doesn't share information or provide any information...
he just gave me the eac# of our file and that's it.

If you have your eac#, your A#, you can try to go the local office and explain to them. I think they will give you your EAD as long as you pay the application fee. Good luck!