Lost EAD and passport

Originally posted by vigneshbabu
How do i report lost & stollen for this and should i apply new EAD or what to do??..

Please reply me..

Oh! No. How did this happen? I don't have any advice for you, as I don't know anything about this. Sorry !!

report to local police first......an FIR is required for getting a duplicate EAD or a passport.
Once you have an FIR you can apply for passport and EAD both

I am in the process of moving my apartment, i guess i misplaced it somewhere..

Do you anyone know how long does it take to get a duplicate passport and EAD?.. Becoz I need to join company in mid march using EAD.

Thanks for any inputs.

EAD would take as much time as it takes for renewal EAD(Consult a lawyer for this) Passport would take anyting between 3-6 months however if you talk to consulate they might issue it earlier. In lost/stolen/damaged cases they send enquiry back to India where the original passport was issued.

I got it

I was very worried becoz, i need to join a company in few weeks. Moving company took it though i told them not to pack my dcouments folders, So i was in the impression that movers did not take it. Since i will be leaving St. louis tomorrow for good to go to my house in Virginia, I did not know what to do.. I was thinking of calling dumpster cleaning company to search my stuff.

Thank god, my husband searched all the packings movers left in our house, and we got it with our clothings.. It is 2 hours tensed movement which i can't forget in my life.. At this moment in this country, no one can afford to lose any important documents.

Thanks a lot Bhakshi for your timely answers. It's like someone is with me to console. I do belive the strength of this forum.

How do you all manange your documents??.. Do you put them in the lockers??..

Thanks Roran for your concern.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad

to know that you got them. You should be more careful next time regarding these documents. You cannot pack them in boxes. You have to carry them with you in your hand bag, when you move. No need to keep them in lockers 'cos you cannot have easy access to them. Just keep it in a safe and secure place.
Good Luck !!

good for you !

As regards to managing documents I keep all documents scanned and send the soft copy to who may it concern or take a print out of scanned copy if needed. I keep the originals in one particular bag where my wife keeps her jewellery :) and do not take them out unless necessary.

Put them in Locker

I keep copies of all the important documents (Some are scanned too) and put the originals in Locker. I stay in Apartment Complex and it is definitely not secure leaving them at home. We had two fires in our apt complex last summer so we decided to keep them in the Locker. I know it is troublesome but safe.

Bakshi,

Keep the Jwellery box unlocked, so that only Jwellery go and not the documents In case of theft..

Forward thinking:D

Originally posted by waitinNJ
Bakshi,

Keep the Jwellery box unlocked, so that only Jwellery go and not the documents In case of theft..

Forward thinking:D

Hey Mr.Forward Thinking..
Your thinking will cost you more than u actually think !!:p

Buy a fire safe that are available in various sizes which is generally availabe at Sams club or Costco and keep those in that. If you own a house, there is a provision for all those fire safes that you can fix it on to the ground so that no one can just carry it away. If you live in apt that might not be possible to fix it but if you own a house you should be good. Keeping in locker is not bad but if you need immediately over weekend or on a holiday, you may not be able to access those.

...and you should hire a special Ops with a cannon to protect that safe room, just in case... :p

just kidding...

gcinfeb02....

Can you forward your address please..... I wanna make sure to avoid your apartment complex, when I plan to move!!!! Fire...run....:confused:

OK...people I do crazy things too..

I have what is known as a "tornado" bag...the place where I live has lots of tornados. The moment something like that is reported on TV I take the bag and run. That is my plan

This bag contains all important docs in my life especially those from India(imagine trying to get marks cards from any Indian university!!...this is a feat in itself)

Its crazy but in these crazy times we have to do crazy things

roran,

No Kidding!! ask greenpeace - what is more important ?
Life ? Jwellery ? or Documents ?

Tornado bag contains documents from India.

Right greenpace..may be your wife has a tornado bag too for her jewellery.
:)