Lost Application

indigo

Registered Users (C)
Is there a possibility that 485 App gets lost after reaching VSC? I filed for 485 on June 15 2001 and have not received a receipt yet. Are there any other possibilities? Any help in this regard is appreciated.

No Title

Yes Sir. It might get lost. Please Try to find out if your check is cashed. If not call the IIO would be better.

I am also in the same boat

My 485 was filed on June 26th. Did not get the receipt. Did not encash the checks. Called IIO and she said my case is not in system. Asked me to wait 2 more weeks.

Check with yr lawyer when the app was actually mailed.

My application was mailed on 29 June and I have got the receipt

gc_india, PermRes

Did you call IIO more than a few times?? I heard they screw up the case if you call IIO\'s couple of times

indigo, Olny called them once

IIO told me to wait for couple of weeks. I am going to wait for a month.

If I dont get by then, I will ask my lawyer to call INS.

My Mail date was 29 June RD July 2 and ND 20 Aug.

Got the reciept from my lawyer end Aug.

Anything happen in VSC/INS

My application along with my wife\'s applications were mailed on 4/30/01 for 485/EAD/AP. After 2 months my wife\'s application was returned to my lawyer claiming that her application should have filed with another applicant (who has my name but different ss#). This is clearly a mistake from INS and when my attorney called INS they asked to wait for receipt/return of my application. As expected my application was returned too (wrong fees i.e fees for 2 sets). How ridiculous. Then my attorney re-filed both applications again on 08/09/01. But both the applications were marked as received on 5/01/01. I am hoping that I will get this as my RD but no guarantee.
I am waiting for my receipt notices.