lost AP = reapply?

sic

Registered Users (C)
Apparently my AP, approved on Sept 22 at CSC is lost in the mail.
My lawyer informed me that my only recourse is to reapply for the advanced parole, and re-pay the legal and application fees.
This doesn\'t sound right. Can they not mail me a new copy of the AP notice without me having to re-send my appllication?

Has anyone had any experience with this?

No Title

Yes my wife\'s AP was lost in mail. After making contact with INS, spoke couple of times with IIO & had send faxes, i was informed that the only solution to it was to reapply. There is no way they can send a duplicate copy of it. They will resend it only if it was returned back to INS. If it was not returned and lost in mail, you have to reapply it back.

It took more than 3 weeks for me to figure this out and i finally decided i will not reapply one. I checked the status yesterday again to see if there\'s a difference and the AVM still says it\'s approved and mailed to me but i never received it. i applied in March and got approved for her in May but we haven\'t received it yet.

Me tooo..... my AP got apporved on Sep 22 according to AVM, but not received till now

Sic, what are you planning to do and what it u\'r WAC numer . Mine is WAC-01-277

coincidence?

Funny thing is, I have the same WAC series as yours (277) and it even got approved on the same day (sept 22).
Considering that day was a saturday, maybe someone was hung-over and accidentally mistook a garbage can for a mailbox.

I\'ve done this in the past.

I don\'t think I\'m going to reapply for it. I just got my H1 revalidated for a year, and if I have to travel outside the country, I\'ll just
use my H1.

think there is a problem here..

I sympathize with your situation (and with all others who have pending applications at the INS, myself included), but I don\'t think u can use H1B to travel outside the country, while you are pending AOS. You can, but you have carry along a heap of other documents too. And my attorney strongly recommends against travelling without an AP, while AOS is pending.
Please be cautious and thorough if you do plan to travel abroad.

No. I don\'t think there is any problem travelling on H-1B while AOS is pending

My lawyer has confirmed that and I have a friend of mine who never used AP to travel to India. I don\'t know why your attorney suggests otherwise.