Lost 2.5 months -- NSC very bad

perm_lc

Registered Users (C)
I applied EAD renewal, 100 days before the expiry of current EAD. I clearly mentioned (with bold letter) in the cover letter to start the renewal date after expiry of current card. They approved the EAD just in 23 days. I got the card today just with validity period staring from the date of approval rather than the expiry of current card.

NSC do not care about customer request. Very bad service ..

Yeah , Don't be frustrated it happened to me too last time for my 2nd EAD which is expiring Sept'05, they renewed till may '06.

But currently I have applied my 3rd EAD RD Mar 28 2006. When was your EAD filed please post your dates..

thnx

Its every Center

Its just not NSC that does this, all service centers issue EAD/AP's not from the day of expiry of the previous cards but when they process it.

If you see it from a financial angle, it makes a lot of sense for INS to do this, imagine thousands of people spending $500-1000 on EAD/AP every 9-10 months instead of 12 months - More money in lesser time.

I am sure the new head head of INS comes from Enron :p

perm_lc said:
I applied EAD renewal, 100 days before the expiry of current EAD. I clearly mentioned (with bold letter) in the cover letter to start the renewal date after expiry of current card. They approved the EAD just in 23 days. I got the card today just with validity period staring from the date of approval rather than the expiry of current card.

Why do you think that your new approved EAD start date would be concurrent date with the expiry date of your old EAD?

perm_lc said:

I don't know where you read that USCIS would allow you to select a validity date by just requesting like you did on the cover letter !!

You assumed something and now you are calling out NSC for not caring about a "customer request" -- oopsy !

All of the service centers have an automated rapid card production system - ever since that came on, cards are only being produced with the current date.

In the big picture, losing 2 or 3 months is any day better than filing the EAD too late and not having it in time and losing your pay (and maybe even your job) - think about it !

If you are not using your EAD to work, then you can take the risk and apply 20 days before the current card expires (why would want an EAD in such a case is unknown to me !!)