Loss of passport

Oct'02

Registered Users (C)
My mother has been here for last 10 months ( originally six months and extension given for six more months). She is suposed to leave in two months from now but we have lost her passport. What should we do now?

Thanks

visa

How do they know her visa status and other things ( date of entry etc) with the new passport having nothing on it?

Last edited by a moderator:
How do they know her visa status...?

Who? The folks at the embassy/consulate? If they need this information, your mother will have to provide it to them (to the best of her recollection, of course). If you have copies of the relevant pages from the passport, it may help to speed up the process. Also note that your mother may be required to file a police complaint and include a copy of the report with the application for her new passport.

US CBP has info on the entry to the USA and US CIS has the extended appl. on file and it is also in the computer. She will need to get a new US visa for her next entry to the USA.

my case is similar

I did send (it was a blunder at my end) original passport to USCIS for extension of stay. They approved and send extension for my mother. But didn't send her original passport.

We send letter and G884 for to local USCIS office. But no reply. And USCIS call is useless.

We have her old expired passport. My question:

1) Can I travel on expired passport back to my country or not?

2) Later on if USCIS sent her passport then we save her 10 years visitor visa.

3) If I apply for new passport to my country consulate and go back to country. Later on if USICIS send her passport. Can she use recovered passport for travel back to USA? Or she needs to again apply for visa?

4) Can I complaint some where in USCIS for this.