Los Angeles Stamping Experience

kaushikmehta

Registered Users (C)
I just though I would share my stamping experience with everyone, just in case it would help someone. I got my stamping in Los Angeles.

1. Got approval notice on May28th 2004.
2. Went to http://infopass.uscis.gov/.
3. Made an appointment for today, 8th June 2004 @ 1:00pm .
4. Went to the USCIS office on Los Angeles Street in downtown LA and 12:30pm.
5. They let us in at 12:45pm.
6. Went to the counter and took a token number.
7. @ 1:10pm they called our number (my wife and I).
8. Went to the counter, submitted the approval notices,EADS,APs and two photos each.
9. They took fingerprint of our index finger.We signed a form they gave us.
10. They stamped our passport for a year and order our plastic cards.

@ 1:20pm we were out of the building.

On the notice is said to go to the INS building between Monday - Friday between 6:00am to 12:00pm. But they have changed all that so even though the notice mentions it, make sure to take an appointment. The whole process took around 50 min including wait time.

Hi!
I have a question about infopass. In order to get your passport stamped, what option did you select for the appointment: speak to an imm. officer? Anything else is not appropriate on that list. Also, is the passport stamped only for a year? What happens at the end of the year? Does one go back to get an extension? Thank you.....

until your actual card arrives, if one year has elapsed you walk into the local office again and get the stamping done. if I remember from some earlier posts by certain folks that is what they were told by the officer who stamped their passports with i-551.

hope this helps

From the list of options for infopass u select "speak to an immigration officer". Thats what I selected. On the appointment notice that you print out, once u schedule an appointment, it will say the reason is "Information Question".

info pass at LA

I live in Simi Valley. I was trying to take an appointment at LA office through infopass and I am not able to do anything when I reach the page where the timings are displayed. There are no times displayed and only the "Back" button is displayed. what does this mean? Does this mean that I cannot go to LA office for stamping? Any inputs.......?