Looks Like Today's Byrd Amendment Is Something Else???

optimistguy

Registered Users (C)
I called several senators today - dont even remember the names. Anyway, Senator Warner (R-VA)'s office told me that the Byrd Amendment introduced today is NOT about the immigration relief part. Todays amendment is about something like imports/anti dumping duties etc.. (that's what he told - can anyone corroborate this?). As per him, Senator Byrd has not yet introduced his amendment for the immigration relief proposals.

I called Senator Byrd's office - but they said they do not know if it is true or false. They refused to give any details. So I again requested them that the senator should support the immigration relief proposals. She said she will pass it on.

So, looks like yet another twist here - its not down to the wire yet. Anybody has more info???

optimistguy said:
I called several senators today - dont even remember the names. Anyway, Senator Warner (R-VA)'s office told me that the Byrd Amendment introduced today is NOT about the immigration relief part. Todays amendment is about something like imports/anti dumping duties etc.. (that's what he told - can anyone corroborate this?). As per him, Senator Byrd has not yet introduced his amendment for the immigration relief proposals.

I called Senator Byrd's office - but they said they do not know if it is true or false. They refused to give any details. So I again requested them that the senator should support the immigration relief proposals. She said she will pass it on.

So, looks like yet another twist here - its not down to the wire yet. Anybody has more info???

it is on the immigration issue and will be presented on the floor at 2pm EST

I have called several Senator's office. Some of them; Biden, Durbin, Feingold Kennedy were aware of the amendment. They recognised the issue. Some said they will vote NO to it. Some said they will pass on the info. This is for real. He is going to be proposing the immigration amendment.

So, please dont give up. Keep calling.

optimistguy said:

From Senate discussion 12:02 PM EST They clearly mentioned Byrd Amendment on Visa Reforms will be taken at 2 to 3 PM

Guys, whoever is watching TV, could pls update us the Senate discussion. Hopefully, everyone votes BIG "NO" to Byrd Admendments.

I really appreciate your efforts guys.

Good luck to everyone

senator byrd is going to be speak right now.....voting on the amendment is tomorrow....guys please start calling !!!!

hopeofgc said:
Guys, whoever is watching TV, could pls update us the Senate discussion. Hopefully, everyone votes BIG "NO" to Byrd Admendments.

I really appreciate your efforts guys.

Good luck to everyone

Until now everybody is voting YES on the ammendment.
Looks like there is hardly anybody there to speak. The few who are present are supporting the ammendment.
half an hour to go.

Sen Saxby Chambuss from Georgia
He seems to talking favourably..and should vote NO to the ammendment....good news.

Byrd just said enough is enough to the increase of Visa Numbers.
I guess voting will be done later or tommorow going by what Sen of New Hampshire is saying. By the way he is going to vote YES to the ammendment, bad news.

Sen John Cornyn (Texas) now speaking.
He seems to be speaking favourably, he seems to be opposing the ammendment.. so good news.

Looks like tommorow is the D-day, when voting will be done.

It is great to see so many people doing the right thing..Personally I think all this calling to senators etc has no effect since we are a foreign minority here which nobody really cares about..
But anyway, keep trying see what happens..