Looks like INS not opening any mail since a week

guruashok

Registered Users (C)
the reason is lawyer sent 485 RFE reply thru FEDEX on 18th. Till now (25th) status is not updated.

RD Oct 15th

guruashok,

did u receive a courtesy copy of your RFE? or just u r lawyer alone?

pls reply me

I had the same problem.INS issued RFE on Oct 15,my lawyer sent the required documents on nov6 but no update.On speaking with the immigration officer got to know that INS has a backlog in their mailing system.Maybe thats the reason why they have not done anything.

gc_avm, Lawyer sent me an email about RFE (No letter)

Akish, My RFE supposed to be sent beofre 17 Jan 03
If INS does not open mail by Jan 17, what will happen ?

do they issue another RFE?

Mine got updated

I have sent the response for my RFE by fedex overnight delivery on Thursday, Nov 21. Status got updated on Monday, Nov 25 th, that it was received, and the case would take anywhere between 365 to 540 days. From few other cases in RupNet, I found out that it could even be just 3 days to get the approval.

Lucky you.

Good to hear ur case being updated...

I responded to my RFE on Nov 22nd. Fedex priority overnight.
Not yet updated.

aln.

guruashok,
My Rfe is to be reponded before jan 6,2003 and even i sent documents by fedex overnight but my lawyer says that it is ok coz INS usually knows in backlog cases that RFE was sent long ago and we still have a month to go.Thankfully they can clear the backlog by then.
Lets hope for the best:)

Your envelope would have smelled of sambhar for sure.
That must have caused INS officer to puke. So they must be sanitizing it.

Shaitanu,

U r so knowledgable............................

U r greatest ever born.

U r most deserving GC candidate.

U r in-comparable

U r so sweet and nice talking and smelling

U r such a wonderful mix of intelligence and strange knowledge

U r ummmm.............. just unique.........

ShantanuB

Shantanu, you are really a stupid. Lawyer sent a package to INS not me. My lawyer is an american and she will have a nice smell. may be INS guys still smelling it.

You stupid, why you hate sabmhar anyway?
Most of indians likes sambhar. I know many of notrh peoples drinks sambhar. Then you peoples are hating the smell

To all the Sambhar haters and lovers

If you ever get a chance to go to Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu, India:

I suggest you to try Sambhar at Annapoorna restaurant!

- Maari

Sambar smells Good.
If his package smells of sambar there are chances INS people must have ate the package.. I think you have to send another Package.

patienceGC

patienceGC, we need not have to go all the way to TamilNadu to eat good sambhar, you just come to my Break room anyone can tell from the smell its good.. Entire Staff can tell there is a precence of smell call SAMBHAR.

Try the sambhar at the Ganesh temple

in NYC. Along with idli, vada, dosa etc. We were amused to find zukini & brocli in the sambhar. It was awesome.

BTW .. I am a Goan and Sambhar is my next fav curry after Goan Fish curry. Yummy. I guess my packet to INS will smell of fish curry :)

Re: Try the sambhar at the Ganesh temple

Hey,

I was at NJ last weekend and went to the temple at Bridgewater (?), had vada, chatni, sambhar and my all time favorite masala dosa, althought the last one wasn't great...

Regarding fish curry, I got crabs from the chinese store at NJ and planning to make crabs tomorrow, the goan way.. Guess it would be much better than TURKEY..

Happy Thanksgiving..

Originally posted by AMBYASASAM
in NYC. Along with idli, vada, dosa etc. We were amused to find zukini & brocli in the sambhar. It was awesome.

BTW .. I am a Goan and Sambhar is my next fav curry after Goan Fish curry. Yummy. I guess my packet to INS will smell of fish curry :)

Masala Dosa

What kinda Temples are these man?

I guess I'd go more frequently if that was the case here.

I'd like to do more than ogle! ;)

Well they have this food and beverage counter below the temple and they serve you all the mentioned stuff and much more.. And it's cheap too..
$2.00 I think for a couple of vadas same for Masala Dosa.

It's pretty good if you haven't had the stuff in a while... At least the vadas were excellent..

STOP!!!!

No more food talk!

I got a few more hours to go at the office... dont want to salivate on my key board!