Looks 485 approval process at VSC has slowed down a lot while other centers have picked up lately.

abcd2001

Registered Users (C)
Looks 485 approval process at VSC has slowed down a lot while other centers have picked up lately.. What could be done?

I wouldn\'t go that far...

We have to acknowledge that VSC has improved radically over the months. Give it some more time and I\'m sure we will have an efficient system in place. Perhaps the current slowdown is one of their wait-for-others-to-catch-up ploy. Lets be patient. Remember folks, it is taking about half the time to adjudicate most 485 cases these days. When I first started my GC processing, my attorney informed me that it would take roughly 18 months for AOS stage. However, just before I applied for AOS, the same attorney gave me an estimate of 10-12 month wait time! That is commendable, if you ask me.

VSC has definitely slowed down in 2002....

What happened to their target of 6 mo. time for AOS?

EB3 dates became current in Feb01.

There would be a lot of I485 applications filed in Feb and Mar01 as the dates became current then. Once we VSC is through April01 things could become real fast.

EB 2- Mar 01 and EB3- July 01

In march 2001, EB2 has become current. So i guess there would be more march cases. Again there will be EB3 flooding in july.Once it passes march cases, then April/May/June cases might take a month or so

My 2 cents

Is VSC sharing I-140 load from TSC?

I remember reading a post or news item (about a month ago) that mentioned about TSC offloading its pending I-140 cases to VSC and CSC. Anyone remember? Maybe many VSC officers have been assigned to those cases, thereby affecting VSC\'s 485 speed.

Besides, it\'s not VSC\'s fault that it continues to get the highest amount of case load. When people saw that VSC was fast, people from everywhere started applying to VSC (by using legal loopholes to show themselves as being under VSC\'s jurisdiction, even though they were actually not), and thus unfairly overburdening it. Hence VSC has slowed down.

There could also be other reasons behind the slowdown that we don\'t know of.

sammy

good point

You have very good points. Because VSC was fast, many applicants for the sake of the speed, move to VSC area and now the high volume clogs the processing!

Well we did see some approvals yesterday..

Lets hope that what ever they are doing is not going to effect us too much. I did see few approvals yesterday and it gave me some hope. Another thing is that b/c we are soo close the time seems to have stopped. Everynight when I call my heart races, ad rush...

MAny good points.

MAny good points. Hope they speed up 485 approvals as they catched up on sending receipts and 140 approvals

Guys.. VSC is going at rocket speed, atleast int his week. There are so many approval in this week t

Looks like they want to catch up for the wasted time. Hope it keeps going...

There were a few approvals,only

Not much of them for your claim of rocket speed.
Any how something is better than nothing.