Looking to work in USA, few questions

apj101

Firstly, hello
Secondly, I know some of these questions will be in the sticky, but id hope that it may be clearer through a discussion...so sorry if i offend anyone

Right, situation. Im looking to make a move to work in the US. Im fairly well qualified and an looking to stay in my current field (investement banking...currently as an equity analyst)
I have:
1 BSc (hons) in biology,
1 masters in computational biology
3 1/2 years working at world largest accountancy financial services firm (PwC). where i qualified as an accountant (ACA)
1 1/2 years working in mid-cap investment bank (wont say which, but well resepected) as an equity analyst looking at healthcare and pharmaceutical stocks

Im 27
Im married, but currently seperated....so my estranged wife will not be joining me.

Right so broadly what are my options.
I vaguely know that i could get a job and get my employer to sort the visa (but is that a nightmare for the employer? and i assume it cuts the number of potential jobs i can apply for...and are those "limits" really an issue?)

Is there no sort of highly skilled migrant worker scheme like here in the UK.

I saw a couple of schemes were if i get a position secured in the US then i can apply for a visa myself...is that a common route, would that be easy given my resume? If my employer offers me a job....how long does this scheme take to process my application...I dont imagine most employers would be hanging around for 8 months waiting for me.

Thanks for any help guys.

Firstly, hello
Secondly, I know some of these questions will be in the sticky, but id hope that it may be clearer through a discussion...so sorry if i offend anyone

Right, situation. Im looking to make a move to work in the US. Im fairly well qualified and an looking to stay in my current field (investement banking...currently as an equity analyst)
I have:
1 BSc (hons) in biology,
1 masters in computational biology
3 1/2 years working at world largest accountancy financial services firm (PwC). where i qualified as an accountant (ACA)
1 1/2 years working in mid-cap investment bank (wont say which, but well resepected) as an equity analyst looking at healthcare and pharmaceutical stocks

Im 27
Im married, but currently seperated....so my estranged wife will not be joining me.

Right so broadly what are my options.
I vaguely know that i could get a job and get my employer to sort the visa (but is that a nightmare for the employer? and i assume it cuts the number of potential jobs i can apply for...and are those "limits" really an issue?)

Is there no sort of highly skilled migrant worker scheme like here in the UK.

I saw a couple of schemes were if i get a position secured in the US then i can apply for a visa myself...is that a common route, would that be easy given my resume? If my employer offers me a job....how long does this scheme take to process my application...I dont imagine most employers would be hanging around for 8 months waiting for me.

Thanks for any help guys.
WOW ... investment banking ahhhh .... good luck finding a job in that field in USA right now. The financial sector in US is toast now and there are lot of people looking for job who are more qualified than you (no offence).

Most of the financial institutions can't even sponsor your work visa legally since they took tax payer bailout money.

In USA, there is no such thing as self-sponsoring work visa. Employer has to do the visa.

WOW ... investment banking ahhhh .... good luck finding a job in that field in USA right now. The financial sector in US is toast now and there are lot of people looking for job who are more qualified than you (no offence).

Most of the financial institutions can't even sponsor your work visa legally since they took tax payer bailout money.

In USA, there is no such thing as self-sponsoring work visa. Employer has to do the visa.

for as long as the sector has existed people have always said "oooh its really hard to get a job right now" rubbish, there is always a niche, im not going for a senior role so wont be competing against the redundant swathes.

hardly any players took the bail out money, only the mega cap houses and im in the mid market space. but you're right to a point it does make it hards

i could i necessary branch out of banking and dip back into audit if need be for a while

so the employer has to do the visa applciation! but there are different kinds right, there's that eb2 visa stuff which as far as i can tell is different from the normal working visa since it required the candidate to have higher levels of qualifications/skills

for as long as the sector has existed people have always said "oooh its really hard to get a job right now" rubbish, there is always a niche, im not going for a senior role so wont be competing against the redundant swathes.

hardly any players took the bail out money, only the mega cap houses and im in the mid market space. but you're right to a point it does make it hards

i could i necessary branch out of banking and dip back into audit if need be for a while

so the employer has to do the visa applciation! but there are different kinds right, there's that eb2 visa stuff which as far as i can tell is different from the normal working visa since it required the candidate to have higher levels of qualifications/skills
I have to commend your resolve. Good Luck!

The work visa is H1B.

The eb2 you are talking about is for green card category which your future employer files for you ...