Looking for families with experience with/in ICE Detention Centers

Carnegie

Hello,

I'm a reporter with ABC News, and I'm looking for families that know someone or have themselves been sent to Detention Centers in the US. We want to do a story about how families are divided when someone "disappears" in Detention Centers. We're looking to speak to parents and children in the US and abroad. We can hide your identity if you decide to speak out. We want to tell your stories, because it is important that people know what's going on with divided families.

Please reach out to me. It's confidential.

Robin Respaut
robin.m.respaut.-nd(a)abc.com
Tel: 917-939-8974

Hi Robin,

I think this is a commendable thing you are trying to do, but it might be the wrong place to pose the question. This forum is attended by in large by people who came here by employment or marriage. There are a few cases that we see that are more complicated, but mostly there is an angle that the person is either going to apply for naturalization or is trying to find out if he/she is already a citizen. I think you might have better luck if you contact some of the immigrant support organizations like SIREN http://www.siren-bayarea.org/

Good luck with your report. It seems that those detention centers are like black holes or limbos, or a purgatory, before either people go out back into the streets or deported. I hope someone can help you with your question in this forum.

Hello Robin,
My name is Freeman and I am an American citizen. My wife is from Australia and was incarcerated in San Diego at the Tijuana border crossing while trying to renew her visa. I was with her when everything happened and I can tell you it was very traumatic. They arrested her and told me to go outside, I didn't speak to her for 7 days and had no idea where she was or if she was safe. She was held for 28 days before being sent back to Austalia. I would love to talk to you more in detail as im sure she would as well.

cumbie-wall@gmail.com