Looking for Experience: Problems During N-400 if You Change JObs Soon After GC

wella

Registered Users (C)
In another thread (Life After GC) several people ask about potential problems resulting from changing jobs soon after the GC (employment based) is granted.

I thought I'd ask the Citizenship Forum if any of the participants changed jobs few months (2 - 3 months) after the GC and had (or had not) experience any problems during the N-400 process.

Any experience is appreciated

Thanks

Hi, I was told, strictly speaking, all it matters is what one is/was doing on the date of getting the green card. But it is always safe, if one continues to work for the same employer for at least 3 months or so. Otherwise, for N-400, work location/experience/duration_post_GC doesn't matter. Again, keep in mind my knowledge/experience is very limited.

I am sure if I am wrong, some one here with indepth knowledge will correct me.

jt_54321 said:
Hi, I was told, strictly speaking, all it matters is what one is/was doing on the date of getting the green card. But it is always safe, if one continues to work for the same employer for at least 3 months or so. Otherwise, for N-400, work location/experience/duration_post_GC doesn't matter. Again, keep in mind my knowledge/experience is very limited.

I am sure if I am wrong, some one here with indepth knowledge will correct me.

It doesn't matter at all. It doesn't matter even if you are unemployed or have a minimum wage job.