Look Before U Leap

nTan

Registered Users (C)
There was an update from DOL about the backlog data on 9/13/2005.
(www.immigration.com/newsletter1/baclogupdate91305.html)
They say that there are about 100,000 labors pending in backlog center.

There are many who after waiting for Backlog to clear have moved on with a different labor … there are small percentage of guys who are still waiting for the backlog center to clear there labor…

The DOL is asking the employers if they still want to continue with the labor … and since the employer is waiting to substitute it with another guy and since it can fetch him $$$ … they are inclined to keep it rather than abandon it …

This all will end if labor substitution is brought to end… where the greedy employer will have no incentives to keep the labor pending... Although DOL has had tried in past and there is a proposal at present, to scrap off this labor substitution altogether … but there are many forces who will gains from this and doing everything to keep the labor substitution …
[The proposal is there for 60 days window for public opinion]

Lets me spell this out…

Number of labor waiting: 100,000
Say 30% guys genuine : -30,000
# of labor that can be Substituted: 70,000

So in next 2 years … U might be pushed 70,000 down the ladder just by substitution and if U are from India or China … this might result in LONG wait.

IV guys are giving false hope of removing retrogression without addressing this important issue... They seem to be supportive of labor substitution and giving all types of lame excuses.

So just think before you leap … supporting IV you might end up getting further retrogressed this Oct.

Man...

When did IV say they support labor substitution? Did you see the detail of the people who run IV. They have nothing to gain by labor substitution.

I ask you to produce evidence that IV is supportive of labor substitution of else ask you take back your comments.

The last statement is mischeivious. Let us say for argument sake that IV is supportive of labor substitution, still their efforts will help remove retrogression. What are you? If there is no retrogression in the first place, substitution labor would not have any price tag on it. Would it?

Wake up man!

nTan said:
IV guys are giving false hope of removing retrogression without addressing this important issue... They seem to be supportive of labor substitution and giving all types of lame excuses.

So just think before you leap … supporting IV you might end up getting further retrogressed this Oct.

Cut the crap NTan and watch you posts

You just suck big time. have you ever seen on the IV website about any support to labor substitution.
in fact if you read the posts, they always have opposed the very idea and those people have always know this fact, which makes you a novice.

dont mislead other ppl, get your doubts cleared on IV website , why are you posting it to ppl who cant answer, go and ask the ppl in charge themselves

nTan,

Give us one reason why you think that IV is supporting labor substitution? Just because you came up with an idea and no on from IV stroked your ego, you go villifying IV?

Do you have any proof about the number of Labor Substitutions other than anecdotal evidence? We have heard that the number of Labor Substitution cases have come down drastically and USCIS is already fighting it.

Do you really expect the volunteers to be on your beck and call. Yesterday you wrote your question on the other thread and since no one responded to it, you come here and write this nasty post? We have a full time job and we spend a lot of time doing constructive work regarding retrogression (hint..hint). If you don't like what we are doing, go ahead and start your own organization but why villify us unless of course you are an anti-immigrant out to sow seeds of distrust. If so, you have succeeded in your effort by confusing so many people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting sabotage effort

nTan,
Very interesting, Aare You paid for it or voluntary. Do let me know who
paid you how much, I amy be interested in it.

Keep up your great sabotage machine, It is funny & brain soother & evily sweet.

Please Ignore This Thread

LET THIS POSTING BE THE LAST POSTING ON THIS THREAD. PLEASE IGNORE THIS THREAD.

nTan said:

There are many who after waiting for Backlog to clear have moved on with a different labor … there are small percentage of guys who are still waiting for the backlog center to clear there labor…

The DOL is asking the employers if they still want to continue with the labor … and since the employer is waiting to substitute it with another guy and since it can fetch him $$$ … they are inclined to keep it rather than abandon it …

This all will end if labor substitution is brought to end… where the greedy employer will have no incentives to keep the labor pending... Although DOL has had tried in past and there is a proposal at present, to scrap off this labor substitution altogether … but there are many forces who will gains from this and doing everything to keep the labor substitution …
[The proposal is there for 60 days window for public opinion]

Lets me spell this out…

Number of labor waiting: 100,000
Say 30% guys genuine : -30,000
# of labor that can be Substituted: 70,000

So in next 2 years … U might be pushed 70,000 down the ladder just by substitution and if U are from India or China … this might result in LONG wait.

A dumb founded, confused, irrational, clueless, freaking post by nTan. He is one freaking guy without any knowledge or idea what he is talking about and posting irrational threads.

May god bless him.

Disclaimer: I am not from IV, but support their initiatives.

Please stop posting on this thread if you support IV. Every new post just bumps it up to near the top of the forum.

nTan has made unfounded accusations against IV and the responses that have been made are cogent and well thought out. Any new response only gives nTan more publicity in his anti-IV tirade. So let us stop dignifying this thread with responses. It is not necessary.

nTan said:
"Backlog centers informed that total number of cases forwarded to the two centers was about 345,000. There are at least 100,000 pending cases on which only partial data entry has been done."
It means 345000 cases.
100000 it's the number of cases that are not entered into the system.

345000, Yes this is big no and shd not be left behind in the agenda

345000, Yes this is big no and shd not be left behind in the agenda

disappointed

I am extremely disappointed with the attitude of our fellows here. I am a silent observer of this forum and others as well and I deeply appreciate the efforts of the people working for our cause at IV. hats off for them.
I hate people who just do the leg pulling for nothing. If you cannot strengthen the cause of IV people then pls dont discourage them. Stop this bad habbit.
I will do what I can in my capacity to strengthen their cause as its my cause and its yours as well. Please have some confidence in them and let them do what they are doing. If you cannot do anything then appreciate them verbally.
FYI I am not a volunteer and not from India.

i agree with all nTan was a bit hasty in jumping to conclusion just because no one engaged from IV him about the labor substitution.

I do not have enough info to comment on this, since i do not know how much labor sub can affect retrogression.

but assuming that nTan is right, and Labor Sub is also one of the big problems, then why should IV not make it as one more issue in their Agenda??

techy2468 said:
i agree with all nTan was a bit hasty in jumping to conclusion just because no one engaged from IV him about the labor substitution.

I do not have enough info to comment on this, since i do not know how much labor sub can affect retrogression.

but assuming that nTan is right, and Labor Sub is also one of the big problems, then why should IV not make it as one more issue in their Agenda??

techy2468,

First off all there is a way to ask for changes. This is almost like holding us to ransom - Better include my great idea other wise I am going to bad mouth you.

Well if nTan's assumptions are right, then we will look into it. But for now we don't have any numbers and are not sure whether it is worth the fight at all.

If any one wants any more information regarding this, please do not reply in this thread. Create a new thread.

Also any more information regarding IV please ask on IV's forums. I don't get the rationale why people want to ask on this forum.

Labor substitution elimination rule is allready out & published. Now what do you want from IV. we go and tell Labor dept. don't wait until april 14th for people's reply, close it today ? I wish we could do it and I wish they had done it immediately without putting this 3 months window for writing comments etc. But I think that's the way it'll be done. I don't see a way out.

Understand Retrogression.

If you do not like the message, you do not beat up the messenger… I see post by IV guys always belittling any argument that do not fit their line and cause… I guess the reason for this is they do not understand the underlying cause of retrogression.

Ok I would like to put things in very simple way … so U will understand what nTan and others are tying to tell.

Say I have season’s tickets to Red Wings game … and I have 5 seats/tickets every week. I put up in the notice board that. I would like to give away 4 tickets every week in FIFO basis… Well then I see 40 people line up.

What next … I say ok, first 4 guys go this week and next 4 the next week … and so everyone in the line quietly calculates his/her week and things move on smoothly.

Say this goes on smooth till the third round … 12 guys enjoy the game. And when the turn comes for next 4 guys for the game. They find 40 new guys join in … that too in front of them. So our next 4 guys who were waiting for a big game find themselves pushed back 10 week backward… (This is what the retrogression is all about).
And our 4 guys wait it out for next 10 weeks and then they find another batch of 80 guys come before them in line and find themselves pushed 20 weeks behind … so more retrogression…

This is exactly what is happening at 485 stage … USCIS prepares a list at the beginning of each year … the year for them starts in Oct… Once the list is prepared they go FIFO … irrespective of how many application becomes approvable … they continue FIFO until the end of the year … and in the next year cycle they re-order the list again… Now when they re-order … they find guys with older PD join in and they are ahead of the all the guys who were top in the list last year… So that results in retrogression…

Whatever happened in past. Is past … but now there are 345,000 + 100,000 + some more labor cases that are coming up in next 2 years. Genuine ones we all welcome … they have waited there turn.

I hope that’s pretty much it and I hope IV guys behave more graceful in the post. If you do not like an argument … debate the argument … and not by doing author bad … That’s unprofessional.

I wish IV efforts all success ‘n’ good luck.

U R The One Who Is Rude

eBhola said:
If you do not like the message, you do not beat up the messenger… I see post by IV guys always belittling any argument that do not fit their line and cause… I guess the reason for this is they do not understand the underlying cause of retrogression.

Ok I would like to put things in very simple way … so U will understand what nTan and others are tying to tell.

Say I have season’s tickets to Red Wings game … and I have 5 seats/tickets every week. I put up in the notice board that. I would like to give away 4 tickets every week in FIFO basis… Well then I see 40 people line up.

What next … I say ok, first 4 guys go this week and next 4 the next week … and so everyone in the line quietly calculates his/her week and things move on smoothly.

Say this goes on smooth till the third round … 12 guys enjoy the game. And when the turn comes for next 4 guys for the game. They find 40 new guys join in … that too in front of them. So our next 4 guys who were waiting for a big game find themselves pushed back 10 week backward… (This is what the retrogression is all about).
And our 4 guys wait it out for next 10 weeks and then they find another batch of 80 guys come before them in line and find themselves pushed 20 weeks behind … so more retrogression…

This is exactly what is happening at 485 stage … USCIS prepares a list at the beginning of each year … the year for them starts in Oct… Once the list is prepared they go FIFO … irrespective of how many application becomes approvable … they continue FIFO until the end of the year … and in the next year cycle they re-order the list again… Now when they re-order … they find guys with older PD join in and they are ahead of the all the guys who were top in the list last year… So that results in retrogression…

Whatever happened in past. Is past … but now there are 345,000 + 100,000 + some more labor cases that are coming up in next 2 years. Genuine ones we all welcome … they have waited there turn.

I hope that’s pretty much it and I hope IV guys behave more graceful in the post. If you do not like an argument … debate the argument … and not by doing author bad … That’s unprofessional.

I wish IV efforts all success ‘n’ good luck.

ebhola..r u an IV member......nTan was not just talking abt how labor substitution affects retrogression..we all agree they affect retro...

he wants Iv to put that in one of thier main aims...where IV already have too many goals now in thier hand, all FYI r for eliminating retrogression..and major ones too....

these IV main people r H1 b people who works at least 40 hrs a week or more..not like u may be sitting in house watching tv and eating... they have to take care of IV after all their other office work and with too limited resources...so i think, it is natural for a people to react in a lil rude way...whn people blame them even after they do all the hard workk...
i bet u ll reply to my post in a rude way too after reading this...SEE IT IS NATURAL...
one more thing ...if u can lead an organisation and organise people and do at least tht much wht immigrationvoice has did in these limted time...
i will publicly apologise to u in this forum..

FYI...i AM JUST A GUY WHO SUPPRTS IVS EFOORTS...I AM NOT IN ANY OF THEIR BIG COMMITTEESS...

eBhola,

I guess everyone here understands that Labor substitution is bad and no way that any of us are going to support it. But how bad is it, is the question? I have mentioned it twice before. Since people are still not getting it, I am going to repeat it again. Does anyone have the actual number of labor substitution cases for 2005?

Do not build arguments on the basis of pure speculation. Do you really expect me to believe that 70% of labor certifications are false as per nTan. Do you have any justification for the number of 100,000 that you have quoted. I can also speculate that if there were only 5,000 labor substitutions, is it really worth fighting when all of our clauses increase the quota by much, much more. Our lobbyist has already mentioned that we have a lot.

Also are you trying to justify nTan's words that IV is supporting Labor Substitution? If some one does not support you, do you also start bad mouthing them like what nTan did?

munnu77705 said:
ebhola..r u an IV member....if not just shut up.. .

How come now only IV members can speak ... and rest to shut up ... Please

munnu77705 said:
i bet u ll reply to my post in a rude way too after reading this...SEE IT IS NATURAL...
one more thing ...if u can lead an organisation and organise people and do at least tht much wht immigrationvoice has did in these limted time...
i will publicly apologise to u in this forum..

FYI...i AM JUST A GUY WHO SUPPRTS IVS EFOORTS...I AM NOT IN ANY OF THEIR BIG COMMITTEESS...

My goodness ... I just wanted U all guys to be little professional .. I wonder how U all will lead this huge immigration community... If you do not want to listen to anybody ... thats ok .. but stop using the above words that do not relate anyway near the agrument.

I repeat ... and I hope U understand this time ---

If you do not like the message, you do not beat up the messenger…

soryy

eBhola said:
How come now only IV members can speak ... and rest to shut up ... Please

My goodness ... I just wanted U all guys to be little professional .. I wonder how U all will lead this huge immigration community... If you do not want to listen to anybody ... thats ok .. but stop using the above words that do not relate anyway near the agrument.

I repeat ... and I hope U understand this time ---

If you do not like the message, you do not beat up the messenger…

ebhola..look this is wht happened...did u read ntans first post....
if nTan has suggested to put his idea in tha aims it was alright...but if u take some time and read that...he says the following...

he started blaming others just like that whn , there is nowhere in IV, it says they support labor sustitution...
so people who supports IV replied the way he deserved...
if u look most members replied including me is just a normal member of IV who just supports them thru theses froums and financially...
i dont even know who started IV...
so...if he suggestes his idea and somebody told him that it was a stupid idea rather than xplaining...he can go ahead blaming otheres..just my thoughts ...sorry if i am wrong and sorry if i have hurt u in anyway...