Look at my I-140 approval: EB2 or EB3?

Atlast, i made it guys!

It's a big relief after three lo...ng years of waiting with RFEs and Mistakes by USCIS. Finally, my I-485 got approved today. Got the magic emails this evening for me, still didn't get approval mails for my spouse. Thanks for you all and this wonderful forum. I appreciate if someone can tell me what next? Do i need to make appointment for PP stamping on my own or wait for any letter etc., Also the documents need to take with me. Thanks.

srichalam,
Congrats! For me it's been 6 long years and no end in sight. How do you go about getting an I-140 amended? Do you file an I-824? When I called, USCIS refused to help, citing employer's privacy. They said the employer must make a request and warned me not to call about it again. Employer refused to change it. give me some tips. thanks

Hi Emailraja,

Thanks for your wishes. The first thing i would say is to get something in writing from USCIS itself about the mistake they did. And my congressman's office(Frank Pallone Jr) was very helpful in this regard. When the officer told me that my case is waiting for visa availability, i suspected something is wrong since mine was EB2. Hence asked C'man to inquire and USCIS mailed
back the same day. So i would suggest going that way.

Hi Freewalker, i wish you also sail thru this soon, , you must try a way to get your thing fixed too else it will be in the EB3 forever. good luck

My I-485 was approved on 6/10/2005. The agent I called definitely was very helpful. The agent said they would review my case within 2 weeks and they did.

Three days prior to my I-485 approval, I saw an LUD change on my I-140 but the message remained the same. I guess that is when they updated my I-140 and moved my case from EB3 to EB2.

Emailraja, call VSC again and clearly tell them it was a mistake caused USCIS. If the agent is not helpful, call again and again.

srichalam, congratulations! It takes about 4 to 7 business days to receive the approval notice from VSC. But you'd better make infopass appointment now. The earliest infopass available date is usually 2-weeks later.

EB2 wrongly placed in EB3

Sent an expediated request in 1st week of July which was accepted by USCIS. Still waiting for any action.
rrml

VSC phone number

Emailraja,

Could you please post the VSC contact phone number. I applied my 131 in Dec 2004 and not approved yet. I called NSC twice no use either.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Having a similar prob through VSC.
looks like this is a recurrent problem...
Concurrently applied for 140/485 through EB2 on Aug 10
ND for 140 Aug 18, LUD Aug 22

Got 485 rejection Letter citing non availabilty of Visa numbers.
Lawyer sent back the 485 docs again with the 140 Notice receipt.
What should I do in this case?? Should I call the VSC?