Long Wait Is Over !!!

WAITING_MAN

Registered Users (C)
Hello to all,

Just to let everybody know, FINALLY!!! After almost 4 years of WAITING!!! I finally heard the MOST awaited message!!! "This has been approved blah, blah, blah!!!!" I\'m on Ciba\'s list. My handle is WAITING_MAN, below is my information.

PD : 01/99

I-485 Case
ND: 09/00
RFE : 12/00 (Company Merger, had to file new I-140)
Replied to RFE: 02/16/01

Amended I-140
AD: 03/01

AD for I-485 case: 09/24/2001

I\'m still waiting for my families approval, but I\'m hoping it will be sooner. Thanks for all the help. Although I\'m just reading all of your experiences, but I\'m really happy we have this discussion board. This discussion board, give hopes to everybody that is waiting for this day to come. Again, I would like to thank Ciba for doing a good job in maintaining this board and to all, I hope you\'ll get your AD soon.

WAITING_MAN

Hey, congrats...

...the same situation here - me and my daughter approved on Sept 17., 2001 but the case of my wife is still pending...

RFE guys/gal do deserve it. They have been waiting longer than we have :).

My only concern is that we have to hold on to our jobs.

Good luck fellows!

I-485: Pending can we do I-140 Amendment now.

I filed I-485 in July 2001 (ND= 08/28/01). PD=01/99. My I-140 was approved in Aug 2000 (took One year for approval and was waiting for the date to be current). In the mean time the company name changed (mid of 2000). I requested my attorney then for I-140 Amendment. He said not required. But now I find almost every one is getting RFE, when asked the attorney to do I-140 amendment now, he says now it will be counter productive so when we get an RFE we can do it. But unfortunately looks like there might be a layoff any time soon. My question is if I am extremely lucky and stay till Dec 2001. and then I get an RFE and immediately after submitting the I-140 Amendment and the Company layoff me after 180 days from my RD/ND and I-140 is still not approved. What happens to my process. There is no chance to request in the company (new company) to continue the process because this is a huge company with strict policies.

Is there any chance that if this company layoff me before 180 days we can continue with EAD and start from I-140 from another company? I do not have anymore H1 time too.