Long pending I-140 approved

vu0809

Registered Users (C)
With my senator's help, my I-140 which has been pending since July, 2003 has been finally approved. My LC was filed in January 2002 and was approved in March 2003. But my lawyer never received the LC approval notice. In July 2003, my I-140 was filed with a copy of the LC approval. Surprisingly, in October 2004, after one and a half years, my lawyer received the LC approval notice in the mail (probably when DOL was boxing up cases to be sent to Backlog Reduction Centers, they came across the missing document and mailed it out). The LC approval notice was sent to NSC. But there was no progress on my case even after that. Recently I got in touch with Senator Debbie Stabenow and provided her the details about my case. Today I was pleasantly surprised to see that my I-140 was finally approved on May 4, 2005. Hopefully my I485 will also be approved soon.

vu0809 said:
With my senator's help, my I-140 which has been pending since July, 2003 has been finally approved. My LC was filed in January 2002 and was approved in March 2003. But my lawyer never received the LC approval notice. In July 2003, my I-140 was filed with a copy of the LC approval. Surprisingly, in October 2004, after one and a half years, my lawyer received the LC approval notice in the mail (probably when DOL was boxing up cases to be sent to Backlog Reduction Centers, they came across the missing document and mailed it out). The LC approval notice was sent to NSC. But there was no progress on my case even after that. Recently I got in touch with Senator Debbie Stabenow and provided her the details about my case. Today I was pleasantly surprised to see that my I-140 was finally approved on May 4, 2005. Hopefully my I485 will also be approved soon.
hey man you are from Michigan.. I am also from MI. Same problem like yours. But never recd. labor. With the help from senator office, NSC asked for labor from Chicago, Chicago people send the same to NSC and after that nothing happened. Now I am hopefull that something will happen to my case too... This lady in senator's office handling immigration problems is in Nebraska for some training will be back on Monday, so I will call her than and ask her to take care of my I-140 atleast. I am going India next week sometime

vu0809 said:

Congratulations, man! Way to go!

Hi Tjshah,

Wish you the best of luck. I am sure you will get you I-140 approval soon.

Congratulations,

Jeers to NSC, Cheers to YOU.

Good luck ahead. Good luck to tjshah too for experiencing similar problem.

DIGS
EB3, India
RD Apr.04
140 ??

Would you please tell me how to contact MI senator office?

tjshah said:
hey man you are from Michigan.. I am also from MI. Same problem like yours. But never recd. labor. With the help from senator office, NSC asked for labor from Chicago, Chicago people send the same to NSC and after that nothing happened. Now I am hopefull that something will happen to my case too... This lady in senator's office handling immigration problems is in Nebraska for some training will be back on Monday, so I will call her than and ask her to take care of my I-140 atleast. I am going India next week sometime

Hi Tjshah,

I'm from MI too. I would like to contact MI senetor office too. Would you please tell me how to contact them? I wrote a message to senator@stabenow.senate.gov several days ago. But so far I have NOT got any response. Should I wait a little bit longer? Or is there any better way to contact them? Please share your detailed experience. Thanks a lot!

Would you please tell me how to contact to MI senator office?

vu0809 said:

Hi vu0809,

I'm from MI too. I would like to contact MI senetor office too. Would you please tell me how to contact them? I wrote a message to senator@stabenow.senate.gov several days ago. But so far I have NOT got any response. Should I wait a little bit longer? Or is there any better way to contact them? Please share your detailed experience. Thanks a lot!

Hi Apriljie,

You can send an email to Senator Debbie Stabenow using the following web form http://stabenow.senate.gov/email.htm . Here you can indicate that it is an immigration related issue and then it gets forwarded to the right resource. They should be sending you a letter with the authorization form within 2 weeks.

All the best !!!

which senator to ask help for?

Hi,

I'm living in CA, but since my company is in Chicago, IL, I filed my concurrent I-140 & I-485 in NSC.

Labor substitution, 140 & 485 -> filed on 12/28/04.
But NSC rejected it without reading the documents properly.
So refiled with explanation on Jan 6th 05, requesting NSC to reimpose 12/28/04 date.

But till now, there is no reply or explanation from NSC and 485 application was rejected again, where as 140 was accepted with Jan 19th date.

After reading your messages, I'm thinking of using any senators help.

But which senator to write to? senator in CA or senator in IL state?
Please clarify.

TIA.

Last edited by a moderator:
sukumarc said:
Hi,

I'm living in CA, but since my company is in Chicago, IL, I filed my concurrent I-140 & I-485 in NSC.

Labor substitution, 140 & 485 -> filed on 12/28/04.
But NSC rejected it without reading the documents properly.
So refiled with explanation on Jan 6th 05, requesting NSC to reimpose 12/28/04 date.

But till now, there is no reply or explanation from NSC and 485 application was rejected again, where as 140 was accepted with Jan 19th date.

After reading your messages, I'm thinking of using any senators help.

But which senator to write to? senator in CA or senator in IL state?
Please clarify.

TIA.

sukumarc.. seeing your posting.. my guess is that.. your 485 might have got rejected becoz of the retrogression. i'm not sure if u r EB3 or EB2.. if you are EB3.. you cannot file your 485 until ur PD becomes current. I did read somewhere that all the retrogression affected EB3 category 485 applications filed after Jan 2005 whose Pd weren't current were rejected by the USCIS. This might be the case as ur 140 was accepted with RD of jan19th.

This is my guess.. may be someone else in this forum can shed more thoughts on this.

Thanks,
a2kgc

hi a2kgc,

thanks for your reply. my case is EB3.

In fact, I did file it properly on dec 28th 2004 itself. But NSC did not read the application properly (since it was labor substitution case) and rejected wrongly. That's why it went into retrogression.

My lawyer is fighting with NSC thru AILA (americal immigration lawyers association) to get this corrected.

But I'm trying to see whether any Senators could help me here.
Guys with same situation please advise and share your thoughts.

Appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: