long I-485 processing time(filed 12-97)

bobl

My wife filed I-485 3 years ago at Texas service center (ND 12-10-97, SRC-98-XXXX) and is still waiting for processing(!). The process time is extensively delayed. Is any one know anything about these I-485 belong to "old list"? (newer filed I485 was much faster as it was said). She
   needs to get the approval urgently for some personal reason. I was not in the US at the time she filed I-485 and my name was not in her file.
   Now I am in the US with a TN-1 working visa. Is there anyone knows that I should file a I-485 to join her case now, or wait for until her case
   is approved?. Some one said that my I-485 filing would seriously further delay her case which was already delayed. Some one said a new I-485
   to joint her might active her case which might be inactive for some reason. What should I do to get the thing to get done faster?
   Thank you in advance!
   Bob

No Title

I think the first thing that needs to be done is call the TSC and find out exactly, as to what is happening with your wife\'s I-485 and decide on the next step from that information.

No Title

Thanks for the help/ I tried to call INS several times, either line bussy or answer machine, no person to answer my question. I also sent fax several times but no reply for all inquiries. I realy get frustrated with INS.

No Title

You need get congressional help. Call the US Congressman or
Senator from your district. They usually have a local office
and a staff member dealing with INS. Only for a way overdue case
like yours, they can help.

If you want to call INS TSC, do this around 7:00 AM CST. Just play
with the Automated System for about an hour, somebody will pick up
the phone soon after 8 AM. This is the only way I can get through.

Good luck.

No Title

Do you know which way is better for me, file I485 now to join my wife\'s case or wait for approval of my wife\'s I485? One concern is that if I file I485 now it will further dely her case\'s procession. Or if i file it after her case\'s approveled, I need waite for much longer time for my application?
Many thanks.
bob