• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

London Interview Preparation.. what have you done so far ??

Medical London

I have phoned KCC and have been advised that interview is scheduled for early September.

In the absence of the letter, I need to arrange for time off from work for medical and travel to London.

How were you informed about medicals? i.e., did they give you date of appointment and time for medicals or did they just give you contact details and you called to arrange for medical examination.

If you have to arrange, do they ask for some form of reference and how near the interview is it?

Lastly, I have read on another forum that they require full details of vaccination record from your GP i.e, date when given etc otherwise they give you the required jabs at a premium price.

:rolleyes:

For appointments, please call 020 7486 7822 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm).
Please click on the links below for more information. The Doctors are Knightsbridge Doctors. All the information is available on the website. Call them and make an appointment. I was asked to choose any date before the interview. Yes they do request your vaccination records but if you don't have them don't worry, the nurse will determine the ones you need according to your age. Click on these links:

http://www.visamedicals.info/us.asp

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/vaccinechart.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I have phoned KCC and have been advised that interview is scheduled for early September.

In the absence of the letter, I need to arrange for time off from work for medical and travel to London.

How were you informed about medicals? i.e., did they give you date of appointment and time for medicals or did they just give you contact details and you called to arrange for medical examination.

If you have to arrange, do they ask for some form of reference and how near the interview is it?

Lastly, I have read on another forum that they require full details of vaccination record from your GP i.e, date when given etc otherwise they give you the required jabs at a premium price.

:rolleyes:

adult medical is £190 , not £180 . The info on the website is deceptive.

adult medical is £190 , not £180 . The info on the website is deceptive.

I did my medical last Friday and I paid £180, don't know where you got £190 from! I have my receipts with me and I've just checked them. Do you mean to tell me that the prices were increased this week???? I paid £180 last Friday at Knightsbridge Doctors(4 Bentinck Mansions).

http://www.visamedicals.info/us-price.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
I did my medical last Friday and I paid £180, don't know where you got £190 from! I have my receipts with me and I've just checked them. Do you mean to tell me that the prices were increased this week???? I paid £180 last Friday at Knightsbridge Doctors(4 Bentinck Mansions).

http://www.visamedicals.info/us-price.asp

Looks like we are being ripped off. The lady i spoke to told me it's £190. Never mind i will prepare for whatever.Thanks for the vital info.It is much appreciated.

Regarding the finger print, i 'm not certain whether it applies to all nationalities but i have to do it because i come from Ghana originally and it's a requirement for all applicants of Ghana/Nigeria origins.You possibly need to do some more research becuase i don't know where you originally come from.With regards to your wife's citizenship , i believe the certified translation should be enough if her country of origin qualifies in the DV lottery category.

you would need police report for all countries lived at since the age of sixteen. i believe it is where you have lived more than three/six months. that was what i was told. try and get them if you can. better late than sorry. good luck.

No Documentation of Vaccination Record

Comrades,

Which vaccinations should be taken and what would be the potential total cost for the medicals if one has no documentaion of vaccination records:eek:?

HELP: Where to find Form IV18a

Please how can one obtain form form IV18a. We will be doing medicals tomorrow.

Where do I get "Medical report of any past or current illnesses" as indicated one of the requirement when we go for medical checkup. Does our GP provide if I request ? :confused:

Where do I get "Medical report of any past or current illnesses" as indicated one of the requirement when we go for medical checkup. Does our GP provide if I request ? :confused:

You can ask your GP, i.e. if you have a medical problem. I took along only my Vaccination details and my kids' red books(the books they give them from birth which contains their medical records).

Wife Got 2nd Letter for London Interview

My wife got her second letter yesterday. Nothing new except that it states that one needs the letter to be allowed through the consolate security.

Her CN is 2008AF000575xx

Evidence of Support

Is there anyone on the forum who has successfuly gone through CP in London ?.

In our case the Mrs is the principal applicant, however, she is a Domestic Engineer (house wife) as she has to look after our daughter and I am paid on a self employed basis.

I am not quite clear if London Embassy accepts latest bank statements as proof of support or would they require average balances over the year, letter from the bank of when the account was opened etc. etc or is this only applicable to applicants from countries with dubious banking regulations??. How far do the statements have to go back to?

Also, as I am the principal earner, a good proportion of our funds are in my business account (but its in my personal name as I am self employed), would they look at this as joint assets as this seems logical??

Do they interview the principal applicant on their own or as a family?

Contributions from those who have been through the process would be most welcome and would set our minds at rest.

Evidence of Support

Is there anyone on the forum who has successfuly gone through CP in London ?.

In our case the Mrs is the principal applicant, however, she is a Domestic Engineer (house wife) as she has to look after our daughter and I am paid on a self employed basis.

I am not quite clear if London Embassy accepts latest bank statements as proof of support or would they require average balances over the year, letter from the bank of when the account was opened etc. etc or is this only applicable to applicants from countries with dubious banking regulations??. How far do the statements have to go back to?

Also, as I am the principal earner, a good proportion of our funds are in my business account (but its in my personal name as I am self employed), would they look at this as joint assets as this seems logical??

Do they interview the principal applicant on their own or as a family?

Contributions from those who have been through the process would be most welcome and would set our minds at rest.

I haven't been interviewed yet but from what i have been told by personal friends who have been, i can share the ff with you:

a.your wife will qualify through her educational background since she's not working and that obviously covers you and your daughter.

b.Your wife will be asked most of the interview questions(if any) since she's the principal applicant but that doesn't mean you don't have the right to chip in a word or 2.In that case i can say that you'll be interviewed as a family unit.They will interview you individually if and only if they doubt your marriage.

c.Since you are legally married(proofs provided),any source of income will be considered as a family income no matter who earns it ,which means your personal or business bank statements will suffice.

d.it they will look at the bank statements at all,it will be the last 3months .Although a sizeable balance will sound convincing,they are more keen on the flow of transactions .This is beacuse, the flow of transactions usually gives the true picture of the source of the Balance on the bank statement.They'll only require you to obtain a letter from the bank if they spot anything fictitious... that is very rare anyway.

e.Last but not the least,since you are a family with a baby,the consular will be keen to find out if you have someone who's willing to host you at least for the first few days/weeks,thereby making Affidavit Of Support also very important.

This is just an opinion formed from talking to people who have already been to their interview in London and shouldn't be taken as the gospel truth.You have the right to seek further clarifications on nagging issues.I however hope my contribution will help you come to a reasonable conclusion of some sort.
Cheers Abeku.

Thanks for the info, Abeku. I sent you an email, please check it.
A friend of mine who went for the interview was asked to show just bank statements and was told they don't need to see the Affidavit of Support. If you are a dual citizen, you are asked to choose which passport you want the visa to be stamped. Those of you who have more information, please share it with us.

Thanks for the quick and comprehensive reply, you have put my mind at ease (for now till something else comes up).

Unfortunately I do not know of anyone who has been for interview so do not have insight.

Would be useful if some one can post their London interview experience as I am sure it is different for each country.

Ps. We more than meet the US Poverty threshold from our own funds, but, have ensured that we also have I134 which should arrive soon.

Once again, your help is much apreciated.

Thanks for the quick and comprehensive reply, you have put my mind at ease (for now till something else comes up).

Unfortunately I do not know of anyone who has been for interview so do not have insight.

Would be useful if some one can post their London interview experience as I am sure it is different for each country.

Ps. We more than meet the US Poverty threshold from our own funds, but, have ensured that we also have I134 which should arrive soon.

Here is a webite that I found that is filled with personal experience of CP from the past DV. I hope it helps.

http://www.visa-talk.com/personal-experiences/

i think this is a really good one !
http://www.visa-talk.com/personal-experiences/205-my-cp-experience-london.html