• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

London Interview Preparation.. what have you done so far ??

abeku66

Registered Users (C)
Well, i personally believe that two heads are always better than one.It is always a good idea to share ideas .As such it will be a good idea for all prospective London interview candidates to meet here to discuss how we are preparing towards the interview.Since almost every country seem to have a slightly different process, i have limited this discussion to Londoners but that doesn't mean ideas from other places are not welcome on board.

This is where i'm with my preparations!
a.all educational/academic documentations and proofs intact.
b.all identity documents such as original Birth Certificate,Passports intact
c.Marriage certificate intact
d.Affidavit Of support-- to be completed after interview date is confirmed
e.Evidence of financial support--- paysilps,bank statements,Morgage Statement and current valuation intact.
f.UK Police report--- to be obtained next week
g.Ghana police report---to be obtained after 30th July
h.Medical--- to be completed after confirmation of interview date

all suggestions,corrections,additions and subtractions to my preparation plan will be most welcome.I will also like to know how you are getting on with yours too.

NB: Bear in mind that although you are current , you 'll not be issued with a visa after 30th September which means carefull planning and preparation has to be done.Let us help each other in any small way!!!

Abeeku,

You are on track. Relax at the interview. Do you have an interview date yet?
I am praying for you.

Hi abeku66,

I am also processing here in London. But, someone said in other thread, we have to have finger print done from Scotland yard too. not necessary ? Also, my wife lost her original citizenship, got english translation copy with stamp from authority of my country. Is that not enough or have to have original. afterall original is not in english anyway.

Hi abeku66,

I am also processing here in London. But, someone said in other thread, we have to have finger print done from Scotland yard too. not necessary ? Also, my wife lost her original citizenship, got english translation copy with stamp from authority of my country. Is that not enough or have to have original. afterall original is not in english anyway.

Regarding the finger print, i 'm not certain whether it applies to all nationalities but i have to do it because i come from Ghana originally and it's a requirement for all applicants of Ghana/Nigeria origins.You possibly need to do some more research becuase i don't know where you originally come from.With regards to your wife's citizenship , i believe the certified translation should be enough if her country of origin qualifies in the DV lottery category.

Hi abeku66,

Thanks for your advice. I am from Nepal and so my wife too. any clue for finger printing ?

abeku66,

regarding mortagage statement, do you planning to supply a statement which we usually get once a year or did you request new ?

There is no specific reason. I am legally here in UK as a student. I am here with my family with two daughters below 15. It's expensive to go back to Nepal and also timing- book holiday - when ??? school of kids, etc.

Hi guys,
I'm back from my medical appointment (in London). My vaccines were not up to date so I had to take the MMR. If your kids are below 18 yrs, they'll have to take the first course of the Hepatisis B vaccine and continue with the 2nd and 3rd dose in the US or at your GP's. You can still go ahead with your visa appointment though.
Kids below the age of 5 will have to take 3 doses of the Pneumococcal vaccine,(not just one) so if your kid has already taken one dose he/she will have to be given the 2nd dose when you go for your medical Appt and the 3rd one will have to be given after 8weeks. That means you will have to complete it in the US.

There is no specific reason. I am legally here in UK as a student. I am here with my family with two daughters below 15. It's expensive to go back to Nepal and also timing- book holiday - when ??? school of kids, etc.
Makes sense..:)

Anyone knows what the procedure is for Amsterdam? how long does it normally take to get the medicals ?

Thanks a lot!

Thanks for your information Macon.. It's really expensive, I have no idea what kind of information my GP hold here in UK. Can I request my GP and get vaccine if I wanted ? I never tried before !!

I think I have to bring some certificates or vaccination information from back my country.

Anyone know, where do I get those information from Nepal ? Nepalese friends please answer me.

Thanks for your information Macon.. It's really expensive, I have no idea what kind of information my GP hold here in UK. Can I request my GP and get vaccine if I wanted ? I never tried before !!

I think I have to bring some certificates or vaccination information from back my country.

Anyone know, where do I get those information from Nepal ? Nepalese friends please answer me.
No clue about Nepal, for CP interview there they have designated doctors, but when you had initially left for UK you should have gotten vaccines from Nepal. As far as birth certificates goes, probably from your VDC or local admin office of city wada where you were born. I am having my parents get it for me from my village. ALso, can i ask you for some help, where to get police certificate in UK and how long this takes??

London Medicals

Adult mediacl checkup - £180
Child Medical checkup - £90
MMR - £35
DPT - £25
HEP A - £35
HEP B (ENERGIX) - £35
HIB - £30
ORAL POLIO - £30
PNEUMOCOCCAL - £45

The website below will give you more information.

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv/vaccfees.html

I have phoned KCC and have been advised that interview is scheduled for early September.

In the absence of the letter, I need to arrange for time off from work for medical and travel to London.

How were you informed about medicals? i.e., did they give you date of appointment and time for medicals or did they just give you contact details and you called to arrange for medical examination.

If you have to arrange, do they ask for some form of reference and how near the interview is it?

Lastly, I have read on another forum that they require full details of vaccination record from your GP i.e, date when given etc otherwise they give you the required jabs at a premium price.

:rolleyes: