location for infopass appointment

jd02

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I got approval letter for I-485 and could not find any available info for the nearby office by entering my zipcode. Now I wonder if I can make an appointment with a different zipcode?

Say, if I live in NJ, does it matter that I take the I-551 stamp in one of NJ or NY or PA office? Thank you for your suggestion in advance.

jd02 said:
Hi, I got approval letter for I-485 and could not find any available info for the nearby office by entering my zipcode. Now I wonder if I can make an appointment with a different zipcode?

Say, if I live in NJ,
---- if you live in NJ take the infopss from NJ local USCIS office( i hope you have NJ driving licence
does it matter that I take the I-551 stamp in one of NJ or NY or PA office? Thank you for your suggestion in advance.

district office in NJ?

Hi thank you for your reply. Yes, I hold NJ driver license. Since I have failed to find any appointment with my local office in south NJ, I assume I'll be ok to switch to the district office in north NJ (newark), right? Thanks again.

jd02 said:
Hi thank you for your reply. Yes, I hold NJ driver license. Since I have failed to find any appointment with my local office in south NJ, I assume I'll be ok to switch to the district office in north NJ (newark), right?
---any office in NJ will be ok
Thanks again.

any office anywhere in this country should work fine as I personally experienced. The letter asked me to go to dallas and since I had some other obligations preventing from making the trip there, I just went to the local office in Minneapolis (with texas license and approval notice). Now one thing to note is that my 140 and 485 were applied in NSC zone.

Hi, thank you all for the replies. I'll take it in my home state NJ to avoid any trouble. Good luck.