local Transfer to Boston, MA on RD: 06/01/01. How long for interview?

Acela

Registered Users (C)
My case was transfered to local INS office in Boston last week.
Automated Message says: "Your case is transfered to Local INS office in Boston. They will schedule and conduct interview. It might take several months to schedule interview"

Anyone heard this message before?

I don\'t know why it was transfered. My RD: 06/01/01 FP: 03/05/02
It sucks :(

How long it takes to schedule interview and what are chances of approval?
Any recent experiences.

Don\'t worry

Many cases were transferred in NJ also and everyone got approved after the interview (I am one amongst them).
I don\'t have any idea about the lead time to interview in Boston. Hope it will be soon.
ALL THE BEST!
If you want to know the reasons and information about these interview cases, please check under "Newark local transfers".

did u talk to IIO about your case before the xfer and what did she say?

From previous posts, I have seen people getting interview appt. 3-4 months after Xfer. Good luck!

Not spoken to IIO. But msg "will take SEVERAL months to schedule" is scary.

Per lawyer, they can\'t give me timeframe as its vary random in Boston.
Hope it gets over soon.

Got transfered to Boston from CSC on July 13 - 2002

Hi there,

Just want to let you know my application along with my wife's got transfered to Boston Office last week.
Notice Date - 12-SEP-2001
FP Done - 11-MAR-2002, Manchester, NH
Transfer Date - 13-JUL-2002
Transfer Notice - 18-JUL-2002
Home state - NH
Filed at CSC as my company's head quaters is in CA.
Transfer message - Your application has been transferd to Boston, MA offcie. This office has jurisdiction over the case.

looks like i got to wait atleast for another 6 months ...

Last edited by a moderator:
My case was transferred to Newark July 2. Its been more than 3 weeks - still havent' heard anything about the interview date.

I think June transfers occurred because VSC was overburdened (these cases were filed in July last yr when PDs moved 3 yrs to become current) so the local offices such as Newark moved fast to clear the backlog. I think this was an exception rather than the rule. Though I hope they act just as fast to clear our cases, it might take months before we hear anything.

Interview in Manchester, NH

I got a letter last week saying that my interview is scheduled for Oct 22nd in Manchester, NH.

Can anyone share their Manchester, NH experiences ?

Thanks