Local transfer Portland OR

Portland-OR

Registered Users (C)
Anybody got local transfer for Portland service center. I just checked AVM and it says my case has been transfered to Local INS Portland. If anybody have experience with Portland ASC please update this thread.

Hi Portland-OR

Good to hear from you. Local transfer should be a mere formality. All you need to do is to show them some docs which they would mention in your appoitment letter. You need to return your EAD, AP & I94 & they will stamp your passport immediately.

So You should get a letter from Portland INS. I think your approval should be very near.

By the way, I recall you had an RFE. What was that RFE about? Also Did you contact Senator or congressman\'s office before(Not for FP but after your FP is done)? How frequently you have been calling NSC?

Achiever

Two of my friends got transferred to Portland ASC...

and they are both approved. But they had different experience. One get it done in about 2 months after the transfer and there\'s interview too. The other got approved after 6 months and they gave him a lot of problem. First, NSC sent the applications to Vermont instead of Portland and they told him he\'s got duplicate A#s. But everything was straigthened out at the end.

So, i guess the bottom line is, it depends. I hope yours will go smoothly.

Achiever, Portland-OR, maybe i should start a new thread for Portland Oregon since all of us have gotten our FP done. what do u think?

oh ya, do you know if i can renew my EAD at ASC before 90 days? My EAD will expire on 6/13. The renewal hasn\'t been approved yet and it won\'t be 90 days on 6/13. Man, i am really worried. Spouse\'s EAD renewal has already been approved. Why can\'t NSC process both application at the same time?

Inimacam

Transfer Cases for Portland OR , Thread is a good idea

My RD is 08/01...a long way..But having cases transferred to Local Office atleast makes you feel that your case is nearer to you.

Wish you all the best for guys who has Transferred cases to their Local offices.

inimacam, about EAD

My wife\'e EAD was approved before me. Mine got approved last week.
   Mine was assigned to officer on May 2nd & approved on May 17th.
   So this is not surprising. I would recommend you to call NSC &
   ask them that whether your EAD case has been assigned to an
   officer or not & when was it assigned.

However also talk to your lawyer. If you do not have lawyer then
   go to Portland INS & ask them what to do.

But talk to NSC first ASAP. My guess would be that if your EAD is expiring then local INS should be able to get you aleast interim EAD, but they will ask you to wait till 1st week of June.

Hope this helps

Achiever

Portland-OR when did you get married?

Did you get married around the time when you filed I485?

Achiever

achiever I married before I file my I-485

Yes I got married before filing my I-485. My RFE was about current employer and birth certificate. My wife\'s RFE was about marriage certificate BC and her F1(she came here on student Visa). I replied my RFE in 3rd week of April, and message on AVM changed on May 1st.

Today I talked to my attorney, and I asked what can be the reason for local transfer, he said they might have selected randomly or may be they want to know about your wife\'s F1 details. He said need not to worry.

I hope so. Good luck guys, and I wish we all will get I-485 AOS soon.

achiever I married before I file my I-485

Yes I got married before filing my I-485. My RFE was about current employer and birth certificate. My wife\'s RFE was about marriage certificate BC and her F1(she came here on student Visa). I replied my RFE in 3rd week of April, and message on AVM changed on May 1st.

Today I talked to my attorney, and I asked what can be the reason for local transfer, he said they might have selected randomly or may be they want to know about your wife\'s F1 details. He said need not to worry.

I hope so. Good luck guys, and I wish we all will get I-485 AOS soon.

Waiting time for Interview ?

Atlanta local office 485 processing time
is 456-516 days.
My NSC receipt date is 4/30/01,
transfered to atlanta office on 5/14/02, so
my case was with NSC for approximately 365 days ,
it looks like I may get interview after 456 days.
I have to wait atleast another 100 days with Atlanta
INS.
I heard local offices schedule interview based on
485 receipt date irrespective of whether you filed
locally or Service Center(Case transfered) ???

Local Portland INS office 485 processing times says
1050 days, is it typo error ?
Got Info at http://www.immigration-law.com

Offices I-485 N-400 I-131 (AP) I-765(EAD)
Atlanta 456-516 365-730 30-60 60-90
Portland 1050 240 21-30 21-30
Sacramento 150-180 180 10-14 1
San Diego 425 180-1034 21 1
San Francisco 152-213 183 10 1
San Jose 274-365 183-274 7-10 1

Portland INS waiting time will not be 1030 days for local transfers

If you file your I485 at Portland INS then 1030 days limit will come into picture. But if case is transfered from NSC to local INS to speed up processing, it should be processed within couple of months.

This should be true for all local INSs. Local transfer happens when INS thinks that they can speed up the process or they want to ask some specific question to the candidate face to face.

Hope this helps

Achiever

question for Inimacam

Hi Inimacam,
            Do you know what are the questions ASC asked to your friends. Also can find for me what are the documents(like W2,paystub,employer letter etc) they asked them to bring for interview. I saw at Texas or Vermont they asked some people to do medical again. Thanks for your help.

hi Portland-OR

my friends did not tell me all the details. I will ask him later. But i remember he told me he had to present employment letter. The other friend who got it done in 2 months after transfer was asked whether my friend had a divorce recently. My friend was surprised that they discover the fact since it was recent. But ASC did not cause any problem.

I guess, after we signed and finger-printed our lives away to the government, they KNOW everything about us...

Inimacam

Thanks inimacam

Thanks Inimacam. That was realy intresteing. How do they know he got a divorce. Did he got divorce in US. Can you ask your friend did they asked him about paystubs. I came on bench last month and as I am hourly employee with my company, they won\'t issue paystub while I am in bench. Employment letter and W2, Tax return are fine.

Also can you ask your friend how long it took them to get interview letter after AVM got changed.

Thanks.

Did anybody else got transfered?

Hi just want to bring this thread up. I got transfer notice from NSC last week. I am thinking to enquire Portland INS about my file. But I don\'t have their phone number. Do they entertain us if I visit them directly? I will appreciate your personal experience at portland INS.

Thanks