Local Office Approval - Still no green card

rumble

I got my 485 Approved from MN local office on June 25. So far I have not recieved any card. I did take an infopass appointment on July5. I did not get the passport stamp. The officer told me that my file has been transfered back to Nebraska and only once they update the system, I can get my passport stamped. They asked me to come back in 30 days. Any one faced similar experience. My online status has not changed since 2004. It states the case has been transfered to local office. Any inputs would be helpful

I got my 485 Approved from MN local office on June 25. So far I have not recieved any card. I did take an infopass appointment on July5. I did not get the passport stamp. The officer told me that my file has been transfered back to Nebraska and only once they update the system, I can get my passport stamped. They asked me to come back in 30 days. Any one faced similar experience. My online status has not changed since 2004. It states the case has been transfered to local office. Any inputs would be helpful

It takes 30 days from the date of transfer back to Service Center for the on line status to get updated and another 5 days for getting the card ordered e-mail (according to Cougargal's post regarding Houston local office --> TSC)

You can send Form G-731 to your Service Center to inquire about status of green card.

Can a local office approve cases?Did you get a mail from local office or from the main center that your application was approved?

My file was transferred to local office for interview - after 2 interviews it was transferred back to TSC, today just found out thru my senator that the local office is requesting the file back to find out whats happening. I am very worried, I have never heard the local office requesting the file back.

I am under the same situation as rumble.

I got my 485 approved from san francisco local office on July 13. The officer told me that my information will be sent to the nebraska service center and from there i will be getting my GC in 4-6 weeks.

Rumble: have you heard anything recently.

I'm in a similar situation.

My case is EB3 (RIR), India, PD:Mar 2003.

Case transferred to chicago in Dec 2004.

Interview in June 2005. No GC due to retrogerssion.
Approval letter dated July 10 2007, received on July 21, 2007

(I had notified USCIS local office as well as on-line regarding address change in Feb 2007. I have letters from NSC as well as Chicago offices that they updated my address but still the approval letters were sent to old address...)

Went to local office through infopass on July 27, 2007. Officer stamped passport but validity is only 2 months. I asked her about the address change and she said that she couldn't do anything about it since the card processing information had already been sent to NEB. She told me that once the cards are returned back from old address to USCIS Neb, the on-line status will change and at that time I should call NEB office to re-send to new address.

And now, today I saw the following status change on-line (Aug 9, 2007):

"The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you."

What does this mean....????

"The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you."

This means you will get card production ordered e-mail in a few days!

Hi Rumble and Kisha
What is on line status of your application? Does it say Card Ordered?

It states the case has been transfered to local office and it has not changed since 2005.

Hi all ,
I am in same situation.Today I called the Nebraska centre and they said the cases are processed in the order they received it.Meaning receipt date of the transfer notice.Mine got approved on june 7 o7 and casr tfrd on june 19..So they said it will take some where from 6 months to one year...I dont know what is happening..Did u all receive atleast the approval notice or the online message as Approved....I didi not receive any of these...
Just keep posted.we can trak.
Thanks

Was your case approved by a Local office? Where was your case trasferred from and where to? How did you know your case was transferred on June 19?If your case is approved by the Local office, they should give you the approval notice and send your file to the Service center to manufacture the card. I have noticed that it is taking somewhere between 1 month to 1 and half months to receive the card after the Local office approval. Online message does not change because it gets a different Receipt number once it is transferred to a Local office. Why don't you take Infopass and get your passport stamped if you have not already? Mine was approved on July 27, and I got the approval letter. Also, got stamp on my passport the next day. However, I will wait at least for 45 days before making an inquiry in case I did not receive the card. Even the USCIS Website says "If you were granted permanent resident status or entered the U.S. with an immigrant visa more than 60 days ago and have not received your first permanent resident card, please call 1-800-375-5283 ". So, where did this 6 months to 1 year come from???

Hi all ,
I am in same situation.Today I called the Nebraska centre and they said the cases are processed in the order they received it.Meaning receipt date of the transfer notice.Mine got approved on june 7 o7 and casr tfrd on june 19..So they said it will take some where from 6 months to one year...I dont know what is happening..Did u all receive atleast the approval notice or the online message as Approved....I didi not receive any of these...
Just keep posted.we can trak.
Thanks

Hey..
Thanks for your post.I got approved fromthe local office.I got the welocme letter fom the local office DETROIT not the approval notice (I797).I got my passports stamped. My case status online changed as case tfrd to Nebrasca for further processing.But regarding my card when I called the NSC after 60 days this was the response....Hope I am clear now..
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I was also interviewed by local office last week. Immigration officer told me that the case will be pending because of unavailability of Visa nos. After two days of interview (08/09) online status changed to Card production ordered and then on 08/10 Welcome notice mailed. No update after that. I have not received approval e mail/Physical card yet. Anybody on the same boat?

I got my 485 approved from san francisco local office on July 13. The officer told me that my information will be sent to the nebraska service center and from there i will be getting my GC in 4-6 weeks.

today I saw the following status change on-line --

Hi anujsingla, It seems like even you got the same message, Can you please update on your status and does anyone knows how long it will take.

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.

Looks like it takes about a week for them to order the production of your card once you get this message. See this thread - http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1759934#post1759934 and look at Dallas03096 posting. His signature has all timelines. My case was approved by Local office on July 27, and there is no update on my status so far.

today I saw the following status change on-line --

Hi anujsingla, It seems like even you got the same message, Can you please update on your status and does anyone knows how long it will take.

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.

Thanks sPERM,

Hi anujsingla,

Can you update on your status.

(I had notified USCIS local office as well as on-line regarding address change in Feb 2007. I have letters from NSC as well as Chicago offices that they updated my address but still the approval letters were sent to old address...)

Went to local office through infopass on July 27, 2007. Officer stamped passport but validity is only 2 months. I asked her about the address change and she said that she couldn't do anything about it since the card processing information had already been sent to NEB. She told me that once the cards are returned back from old address to USCIS Neb, the on-line status will change and at that time I should call NEB office to re-send to new address.

Not sure about that

sPERM,
I got interviewed at San Jose local office in 3rd week of July. Around 10 days back my status changed to

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

I was told at interview, everything looks good except visa numbers arent there so wait till october.

I filed an SR for address(Only zip code was old) correction on 11th June. I got a response for that last week and response tell me that "Backgound check is pending...blah blah..) SR response has address of San Jose local office and service type requested as "Typghraphical error.."

So not sure about your assumption that our cards will be ordered in around 10 days from this message change. Please note that LUD did not change with the message. I am sure, earlier my message was that my application has been transferred to National Benefit Center and is not pending there. After that I got the interview call and completed interview.

You cannot compare your case with Kisha's case. He was APPROVED and from what you said you were not approved. You get this kind of message when your case is transferred back to service center from Local office. Local offices do not update status online. So, getting the same kind of message alone does not mean that the card will be produced. However, in Kisha's case he was approved so the service center's next action is to request for card production.

sPERM,
I got interviewed at San Jose local office in 3rd week of July. Around 10 days back my status changed to

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

I was told at interview, everything looks good except visa numbers arent there so wait till october.

I filed an SR for address(Only zip code was old) correction on 11th June. I got a response for that last week and response tell me that "Backgound check is pending...blah blah..) SR response has address of San Jose local office and service type requested as "Typghraphical error.."

So not sure about your assumption that our cards will be ordered in around 10 days from this message change. Please note that LUD did not change with the message. I am sure, earlier my message was that my application has been transferred to National Benefit Center and is not pending there. After that I got the interview call and completed interview.

Hi Kisha,

Something weird is going on at NSC.

My LUD is changing almost everyday since Aug 10 (see the last message in my post above) with no change in message except on 14th and then on 17th August.

On 14th August, the message changed to say "The card production has been ordered and if you move... blah blah"

On 17th August, message changed to:

Current Status: Approval notice sent.
On August 17, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Hi anujsingla,

Congratulation. please update when you receive your card.

Even my LUD date is changing but the message status is same.

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.......

i called today the service center. they are not much help at all. what you see online, the same information they will provide you. she just created a service request number for me and told me that i should get a response withing 45 days if not then call back....

I had applied for my ead too, since my current ead and driver licence is going to get expire soon. i can't apply for my driver licence since i have to show proof of my legal status in U.S which should be more then 60 days. Does anyone had this kind of experience or any solution would be appreciated.

thanks.