local interview / approved / stamped

rajju

Registered Users (C)
Hi all:

Finally my turn to say that we got it. Today we had our interview and got our passport stamped at the same time. Officer was very friendly.

Thanks for all the support that I have got from this site. Finally, a long journey for the green card has come to an end.

Rajju

Rajju:

Congratulations ! Could you post more details.

Where did you go to interview?
When did your case tranfer?
what kind of questions officer asked?
How do you prepare your interview?
Did you take your lawyer with you?

Thanks

Wait_to_long

wait too long:

We had our interview at the Detroit BCIS office. Our files were transferred by NSC on 5/23/03 and our interview was scheduled for 8/19 and 8/21. My lawyer had left a note for the officer requesting him to do both the interview together. We were hoping that the officer would accept our request and do both the interview together and guess what, he did it.

Our interview was scheduled for 10.00, we reached the BCIS office around 9.30 and around 9.40 my lawyers associate came there as my lawyer was out of town. She told me that she also kept my interview letter along with my wife's in the tray for the offier to pick it up. At 10.10 the office came to the waiting area and called our name and greeted us and asked us to follow him to his office. The officer was a perfect gentlemen and made us feel very comfortable. He asked us to raise our hand and take the oath. Next he asked me where do I work and what does my company do. Then he took the finger print and made us sign the form for I551. After that he asked for the original marriage certificate and birth certificate, which he matched it with the copies that he had in our I-485 and returned it back. Then he asked few questions which are the part of I485 application. After that he asked for our passport and work authorization and parole documents. Then he stamped our passport and said us good luck. I have not met a person more gentlemen the INS officer who took our interview.

Finally, the long journey for the green card has ended and look forward to a month long vacation.

Rajju

Congratulations rajju

Could you elaborate on the questions about the i-485 which you mentioned ?

Thanks

who was the officer

Rajju:

Congratulations! What was the name of the officer? His name should be on the interview appointment letter.

Thanks,