Local INS transfers issue. Help needed

mjk

Registered Users (C)
After transferring 485 files (Sept RD case) to Baltimore INS office, what will happen if a person changes his address (move to another state)?

Will it send back to Vermont? OR
When he moves to another state, will it transfer to that local INS office ( eg: Philadelphia or Boston)? OR
Will it still be processed in the Baltimore INS ?

If they transfer the files back to Vermont or Philadelphia, will it move to the September RD queue or in the new queue?

Please give an answer if anybody knows about this situation.

Thanks

I was in the same situation last year.

I had to change my job to another state (using AC-21) and my file had been transfered to the local office in Arlington.

After lot of research found out this:

1) The file will not be transfered to vermont.

2) It will be transfered to the local office where your current residency is.

H0wever, the problems are as follows:

1) INS will not update address correctly. In that case, your interview letter may reach old residence (sometimes your attorney may get copy...but not always) & if u miss out, u will lsoe GC.

2) If u request INS to change it to another local service center, believe me local to local takes around 1 year + wait time after that.

To avoid all this confusion , my family stayed back in the old address and i traveled back and forth.

It was very tough. Finally our interview was over and GC approved last month. Still waiting for Plastic GC.

All the Best!

abci_1 - Do you think that you could change your address now that your GC has been approved, but BEFORE you have received your plastic card?

Officially you are now a permanant resident...correct?

Do you think that the Post Office would forward the card to your new address when it eventually arrives?

Although I haven't even received my interview date, I am itching to move, and will want to do so as soon as possible after the approval, so I am trying to figure out what might be involved.

Thanks.

Post Office will not forward INS letters:(

Read the thread...after the green card. For one guy it was sent back to vermont :(