Local Immigration office no longer issues AP

vg0405

Registered Users (C)
Hi:

I went to SFO to get emergency AP. The guy who hands out tokens wouldnt even give me a chance to speak to the IIO. He gave me a flyer that clearly says the local immigration offfices can not issue emergency APs for any reason and to call the NSC for expediting AP applications.

Is that true? Has anyone gotten APs from local offices recently.
I am planning to go to SJC tomorrow. It would really help if you guys could share your experiences on this.

Regards,
-vg0405

First I have heard of eAP's not being granted at local offices, but you can't just go to any service center. You can only go to the service center that has jurisdiction over the place you stay. Have you spoken with your lawyer on this issue?

might be true

i had tried 4 months ago to obtain an emergency AP from san jose. iwas told the same thing - to go to CSC. I even went all the way to Laguna Niguel, but no use. I had a fax from a doctor in india stating that my father was very ill. I was told by the lady at the counter that they can only give case status information and not receive any documents. They gave me a fax number and asked me to go out and fax it to them!!

despite my bad experience, i remember at least 1 other person visiting san jose and managing to get an emergency AP. i would say, give it a try.. u never know when u would get lucky with BCIS. :)

Am surprised at this. Yes it was me who got the emergency AP. But am surprised that there is a flyer to this effect. Yes, Em AP is usually not a welcome thing rom the Local BCIS offices pt of view, but this is news to me.

See my earlier thread on what docs u will need to get am em AAP. Good luck

I had same situation and need eAP ASAP. I sent them letter saying that to expedite process because of I need to go INDIA to see my ill parents. After 2 weeks I called them to find out, BCIS says I have to wait at least 30 days to get response if not I have to contact them after 30 days but very next day BCIS approved my AP and my wife’s AP.

I guess some how they conveyed with my letter or may be BCIS just approved my case.

RD: 06/11/03
AD:10/24/03

Spyder,

Whom did u contact for knowing the status of Expedited request.?

I did the same process . I sent all the medical report and a letter from doctor treating my father. I was told that they would respond in 72 hours and I did not receive. I was told that if BCIS did not respond , it is probably denied . I have contacted Senator Dianne Feinsten and the staff in her office is working on my case to get it expeditec. My father is waiting for his bypass surgery and is waiting on me to come. Unfortunately things are not working my way/our way.

:(

N Ghadia

Suggest u go the local san Jose BCIS ofice with a letter rom the Senator. It will work wonders, or best just ask the senators office to call the BCIS office and u will get yr em Ap the same day. Good luck

Hi Guys.

I got the eAP at SFo today. However they gave it to me only for 2 weeks. and also yes it true that your I485 processing is suspended until you come back to the US.

BCIS, CSC, UCIS...suck.

Interesting. They suspend I-485 processing only when you apply eAP (or) also when you travel outside of USA?

-wac02042

Originally posted by vg0405
I got the eAP at SFo today. However they gave it to me only for 2 weeks. and also yes it true that your I485 processing is suspended until you come back to the US.
I don't quite understand this! The current state of 485 processing is suspended they are approving 300 cases a month. Now are you trying to say that the moment your leave the country your AOS is flagged for suspension, and when you enter the country again, the processing will start again?

Sounds like baloney if you pardon me. This will further tax a process which is taxed to its limits! What about all the people who have received their approvals while travelling abroad? What if I have an AP but also a valid H1, and I plan to enter on it! How would BCIS know which document I plan to travel on? Will they suspend my AOS then too?

I think this is one of those things which might be documented but rarely followed! That is my 2 cents on the suspension issue.

My 2c worth..

I don't think BCIS can/will suspend processing the case while the applicant is outside the country! I know several people in the past who got approved while they were out side the country. If they started implementing this rule (note that there are/were several rules which they never use to enforce but slowly they are doing it now a days). If they want to enforce this probably it may work in this way (just my thoughts)...

1. The rule may not be "If some one travels outside the country using AP" but rather "If I-485 applicant leaves the country.." Otherwise it is not enforceble based on 140_takes_4ever logic.

2. Every one leaving the country need to sumbitt their I-94 and it will update BCIS database. While coming in they will get new I-94. Based on any INS document an IIO can pull latest immigration status, all pending/approved cases of an applicant.

3. If this rule is enforced then probably the case won't loose its spot in the processing queue (if there is any), but probably before picking up the case the IIO may just simply check to see if the candidate is still in the country, if not the case may not be pickedup at that time. OR it may not be at the time of pickingup the case rather it may happen at the time of approval.

Here is a question to every one here Did any one in the recent past few weeks got any I-485 RFE/approval from BCIS while they were outside the country?

Does BCIS create more work to themselves unnecessarily? It's a good question and I think the answer is "Yes they do". Based how things are going on in the past few months probably most will agree that they are very innovative on how to slow the process.

-PCee

ngadhia ,

How did you sent the letter to BCIS, I sent them in envelop with red dot and after 2 weeks they approve my AP.

Please follow the instruction stated in the attachment file to expedite the process

If they don’t respond, try sending the fax letter. Try all possible ways.

Good luck.

spyder,
thanks for this info.
which address did you use to send the letter ?
the attached pdf in your msg says to use the street addr on page 8 ..but i couldn't find any addr on page 8 ? am i missing something.

thanks
vtg

it on page# 2.....

anyway here is the address...

California Service Center
24000 Avila Road, 2nd Floor
Laguana Niguel, CA 92677

AP approved

Hi Friends,

Today I got a call from BCIS officer at 7:15 am and asked me to fax/send a letter from the Doctor Treating my Father , that specifically mentions the type of Surgery , the reason and date of surgery. I called up the doctor at 10:00 pm at his residence in India. And had him prepare the letter. My brother in law picked up the letter and faxed me a copy of the letter. I faxed the same to BCIS CSC. Within an hour my status on WEB Online status check , changed to approved.

Note there were 3 approach I made to expedite my case

1. Sending an application with a red dot on envelop , to expedite my and my wife's peding i-131 case.
2. Called Senator Dianne Feinsten office. Faxed my applications copies to Senators office. They faxed my case to CSC and awaiting an answer from them.
3. I sent out an email to Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov, requesting to reconsider my application to expedite existing case.

I heard the officer who called today , that this is in reply to my email. Not sure.. could Senator office put more pressure to work on my case.

Anyways end results I the online status says my and my wife's case was approved.

PCEEFAN,

thanks for the advise about going to local office. This was the last option I thought of. The only reason I was reluctant to do so was, my attorney told me 99 % of cases are rejected in SJC and even if the consider your case, they would approve my case and not my wifes case.

Thanks all for helping with your valuable suggestions...
:)