LOBBY YOUR CONGRESSMAN and SENATOR for PRO-IMMIGRATION REGULATION

I've removed the words "H-1B" and "Visa"

(CHANGE THE SUBJECT TO)
Request to support Section 8001 of S. 1932 in the conference process of H.R. 4241 to resolve the problem with unavailability of Green Cards :

(CHANGE THE BODY TO)
American businesses are facing a serious crisis: lengthy green card backlogs. I urge you to support the employment-based green card provisions in the Senate's budget reconciliation package, which would provide a reasonable and workable solution to this problem.

Highly skilled workers face lengthy "green card" backlogs that will prevent them from becoming U.S. permanent residents in the foreseeable future. The inability of U.S. businesses to hire these talented professionals on a permanent basis severely hinders their competitiveness abroad.

Modest provisions in the Senate's budget reconciliation package would give American businesses significant relief from this crisis. They would provide for the recapture of unused employment-based green cards from prior years. Additionally, they would impose new fees on green cards and L-1 visas. While I am concerned about growing fees, I believe these increased fees represent a measured approach that satisfies the reconciliation target while providing increased access to employment-based green cards.

Although I believe strongly in comprehensive immigration reform, I urge you to support these provisions as an important first step toward an immigration system that better serves the interests of the U.S. economy.

Sincerely,
XXXXXXXX