LLC on H1B visa

hardworkingsoul

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I'm in the US on a H1B visa, is it possible for me to set up an LLC in the state of Michigan ?

Is it mandatory to show income for LLC company every year for sure and also file taxes ??

Can we sponsor H1B on a LLC ?

If I can set up an LLC, can I and my wife offer services on behalf of the company ? (but we will make sure not to get paid through my LLC company). Its just a way to make some money through that LLC company.

Can I also sponsor H1 for my wife through my LLC ?

Can we offer any kind of services ranging from hotel management, media, It, etc.. on an LLC company?

Anyone knows of any good lawyers or CAs who offer services in MI area to set up an LLC asap would be great !

My wife does not have a work permit as she's in the US on a dependent visa but she would offer services on behalf of my LLC company which will make money.

Please let me know , this is kind of urgent as we have some job opportunities wiating for her and they are willing to pay our LLC company instead of paying her directly.

Thanks

hardworkingsoul said:
Hello,

I'm in the US on a H1B visa, is it possible for me to set up an LLC in the state of Michigan ?

Is it mandatory to show income for LLC company every year for sure and also file taxes ??

Can we sponsor H1B on a LLC ?
--- yes. but first save your h1.

If I can set up an LLC, can I and my wife offer services on behalf of the company ? (but we will make sure not to get paid through my LLC company). Its just a way to make some money through that LLC company.
--- NO. you should have proper work authorization to work unless its a charity organization where ALL who work in the similar profile work for free or as voluntary work

Can I also sponsor H1 for my wife through my LLC ?
yes but you should first have h1 or proper work authorization from your own LLC company.

Can we offer any kind of services ranging from hotel management, media, It, etc.. on an LLC company?
--- term LLC is the corporation structure or how you incorporate the company. different structure have their own pros and cons.

Anyone knows of any good lawyers or CAs who offer services in MI area to set up an LLC asap would be great !
you can do it yourself but would suggest you to talk to incorporation services, business lawyer and local CPA prior you start anything.

My wife does not have a work permit as she's in the US on a dependent visa but she would offer services on behalf of my LLC company which will make money.
with dependent visa like h4 she cannot give any kind of service to your profit organization

Please let me know , this is kind of urgent as we have some job opportunities wiating for her and they are willing to pay our LLC company instead of paying her directly.
check the company offering job to your wife. good business will check the payment details about other company prior having any kind of relationship. you can check this with D&B. check their payment history. if they have any past due or claims or lawsuit then avoid them. remember that you (your wife) cannot go to DOL for non payment of that company as now the issue is between 2 companies not with individual. this scam started spreading fast. soon it will be like fast labor or preapproved labor scams. talk to business lawyer and draft strong contracts. fyi you should have enough money to file private lawsuite to recover your money from fraud companies.
Thanks