Living in two different cities, which address to use?

Tec_man

Registered Users (C)
Hi All-

My wife and I are living in two different cities due to school and work (different immigration districts as well). I am the USC. My question revolves around the I-485 and I-130 application. Which address should we be using. Do we use my address on both of the forms, one on each, or my wifes on both?

Any thoughts?

Use the address you spend the most time in a year at or use the address you will be using on your Federal Tax Returns if filing jointly.

Not the case. We actually went to our interview today and was denied an interview. The officer said we needed to use my wife's address. Our lawyer was confused, yet again. So I am looking for someone whom is actually had this situation and had success.

Thanks

Have you filed any Joint Tax Returns with your wife?

If you are looking for a fast track to denial, then do as the IO said. I would advise you to think about the situation for a sec. You are both married, you are filing an I-130 to petition for your wife.

For arguments sake, what address would be on the supporting documentation you will eventually submit in support of both Forms I-130 and I-485?

Ask another IO for advice.