LISTEN ALL!!! Talked to NSC.. Got some info.

Retro-victim

Registered Users (C)
After reading how some of you got IO which were pi$$ed off..I was reluctant to call but still I called & got a very nice IO for a change..
He listened to me pateintly & I asked him following:

1. I understand case approval depends on many factors like country, Category, namecheck etc but it pains me to see someone with later RD getting approval before me..Especially when my namecheck is done ...Why??
2. How are u gonna process the cases??
3. Why is NSC slower than TSC??

He told me detailed answer:
1. he said that this sudden "current" of PDs have caught them off-guard & even they are trying to cope with this sudden development. Suddenly they don't know what process to follow. Apparently, they are now "sorting" cases by RD & placing them in queue.. They will NOT process cases in random order.

3. He said that they are well aware that they are slowest of ALL service centers & get this complaint quite often...he apologized & said he wish he knew how other service centers are sooo fast..

In the end he said, they are still trying to cope with this sudden rush & trying their best to put together a "process"...

So guys.. at this point, I would advise if you just chill & give them few more days to get their act together.. Your repeated calls to them are making the situation worse!!

Just my 2 cents!

Hi,

I have the same exact PD date and RD date as yours.
I am retro victim, but, did not call NSC yet.

Thanks.

Thanks!!

Thanks for the info Retro_Victim. U were lucky to get a polite (non-pissed off)guy I guess....

BTW:
Did he say anything about "Approximately when they'll start approving cases ?"

Anything about pre-adjudicated cases ?

JMJ

So guys.. at this point, I would advise if you just chill & give them few more days to get their act together.. Your repeated calls to them are making the situation worse!!

Just my 2 cents!

I would agree with you Retro-victim. We should all stop making calls to them, so that they can focus on their work of sorting the pending applications and hopefully, we should see the approvals soon.

How can this be a sudden development?

I thought they had monthly inter-department meeting between DOS, USCIS, BECs, Ombudsman etc. How can DOS publish numbers that USCIS does not know?

Also, somebody on this portal, at the beginning of the month said that he/she got the response from either Senator or Congressman that they had been planning for this surge since weeks.

What about pre-adjudication? Why detail-review those cases and put them in the same queue again?

How much time does it take to resort the cases by RD? Even temps can sort them by looking at the date.

It all boils down to "Oh ! Now we really have to work. The dates are current and Ombudsman just recently published our short comings. The national immigration community spotlight is on us now."

Belony!!

exactly!! I concur with you 'WaitnHope'. Who r they trying to fool around here sayin "They didn't expect this surge"
come on.... gi'me be a better one....

Question: The "Current" do not go into effect until Jul 1st. Then why are they giving this as a reason today?

Exactly

The PDS are not Current until July 1st. So does this mean they will start approving by "RD" after July 1st.
What a load of crap?

Man,

Don't scare us saying that NSC will consider the RD dates for approving the I485 cases.For example my labor PD is Feb 2001 and I485 RD is May 2006.So who ever filed in 2005 or 2006 do they need to wait until the 2001-2005 cases get approved?When ever called NSC ,they are always asking my labor PD and they never asked my RD.Even the visa number will be allocated based on the Labor PD not based on the I485 RD.One my friend case got approved recently .His RD is Sep 2006 and Labor PD is May 2000(EB3,India).So no one will be able to predict NSC mind.

Labor pd:Feb 2001(EB3,India)
I140 AD:Sep 2005
I485-AP-EAD FD:May 2006
2nd EAD-AP AD:May 2007
I485 LUDS:12/28/2006,12/29/2006
I485 AD????????

Last edited by a moderator:
Its "Time Pass" tactics "Sorting cases" by RD..

Its just to "Time Pass" for next 2 months for NSC & to say "Sorting cases" by RD...........Mean while PD will get retrogress...then new process will come that will ask to "Sort" by PD (instead of RD) and NSC will keep on sorting file for years after years....!

NSC making fun of our lives!!

He told me detailed answer:
Apparently, they are now "sorting" cases by RD & placing them in queue..

Someone should teach NSC the quicksort algorithm :D :D

Man - here I was thinking that NSC "digitized" all our files ..... but it sounds like they are still working off the paper files ..... (files on "shelf", room full of files etc)

It is going to be a nightmare to sort these paper files using RD .... but then again WTF were they doing when the dates were retrogressed ... .argh :(

Quick Sort will fail since they DONT HAVE enough memory :) :)

Someone should teach NSC the quicksort algorithm :D :D

Man - here I was thinking that NSC "digitized" all our files ..... but it sounds like they are still working off the paper files ..... (files on "shelf", room full of files etc)

It is going to be a nightmare to sort these paper files using RD .... but then again WTF were they doing when the dates were retrogressed ... .argh :(

Lemme try to answer all questions here:
Firstly "GC_Patient": If ur PD is 2001 & ur RD is 2006, then most probably u used substitution labour. Honestly, in that case its not fair if they approve ur case before those who filed "I-485" before u. As per ur friend u got approved with PD of 2000 & RD of 2006, its a different case. When we had retrogression, then RD doesn't count...whosoever qualifies get his case approved as # of cases are very less...But when u have thousands of ppl eligible at once, then they'll follow certain rules..
To answer ur 2nd question: PD is mainly used for cut-off dates... once everyone is current, PD doesn't count... then it boils down to who filed the "application" (in this case I-485) at what time. Thats why its only RD which counts now, not PD... (This is what my understanding is after talking to IO)..

I thought they had monthly inter-department meeting between DOS, USCIS, BECs, Ombudsman etc. How can DOS publish numbers that USCIS does not know?

Also, somebody on this portal, at the beginning of the month said that he/she got the response from either Senator or Congressman that they had been planning for this surge since weeks.
"

WaitNhope: Even if there are meetings between these offices (which I don't believe) then these would be at very high level. The IO, which have to actually do the work, must've got the idea but its a differnet thing when u've to actually "face" it.
Or should I say, they knew it but were not ready to be bombarded by ppl with tons of enquiries. He told me that its been "only few" weeks that the whole scenario changed. so they need some time to adjust to the situation.
I told him that I don't mind waiting in queue as long as no one jumps the queue.

But they should give some approvals atleast..even 50% less than TSC daily rate would make me happy

what the F&#@! these freakin morons were doing all these days when they had our application almost for 3 years, why did they they are preadjudicating cases.

don't fall into these trap, they fooled us too many times.

They can't call Texas Service center and finout how they are doing, itz just a too much bull

sorry guys I can't buy these stories any more from NSC

Last edited by a moderator:
Parrot Technique

I think probably NSC uses Parrot Technique as practiced by road side astrologers in India. In this technique when some customer approach this roadside astrologer he gives some BS and ask his parrot to come out of its cage and pick a card that is meant to be customer's fortune. They usually have another parrot as a backup.

NSC also has similar technique to pick a case from a stck and approve. Except that their both parrots are dead. :D :D :D

NSC, sort by RD, please!

I would strongly argue that NSC should approve by RD, especially when all dates are current.

I assume most of you know about substitution labor and what is going on with it. It is outrageous for someone to get an approval with PD 2001/2002 (yes, with substitution) and RD 2006. There are a lot of such cases and there will be many new ones filed in June/July 07.

My RD is June 2003, waiting for more than 4 years now. It is very painful to see that i get missed out while others are getting approved. Good for them, but I don't care!

I hope they do FIFO RD approval in the couple of months we have before steep retrogression!